• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

Hi all,

New S3 user and loving it (I had an earlier post I made moved to this one as it seemed more appropriate but I guess it has now been missed by most as the thread as steam rolled past that point :p)

I only have one issue to far... I don't seem to get enough time to play around with my device :D

Neil

Welcome to the club!!!

Actually this weekend I may make homemade baked beans. My recipe uses maple syrup instead of molasses. Takes forever, but the results are good.

Mmmmmmm....BEANS! Do you use strictly one kind of bean, or do you mix it up? My husband likes to mix some black beans and red kidney beans in when he makes them.

Upvote 0
Actually this weekend I may make homemade baked beans. My recipe uses maple syrup instead of molasses. Takes forever, but the results are good.

Sounds yummy... I have a vegetarian visiting me for the weekend. So I am thinking about a black bean/spaghetti squash enchilada feast this evening. I still need a good margarita so Mexican food it will be :)

Bring on the Milagro !!!!
12 min till clock out time !!!!

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
Welcome to the club!!!

Mmmmmmm....BEANS! Do you use strictly one kind of bean, or do you mix it up? My husband likes to mix some black beans and red kidney beans in when he makes them.

I stick with Navy beans. I've never tried mixing it up though. I also usually go a little heavy on the salt pork for that extra flavor.

Upvote 0
I stick with Navy beans. I've never tried mixing it up though. I also usually go a little heavy on the salt pork for that extra flavor.

I always keep the blackened tips from my smoked pork or brisket for the little extra kick.... I like a hearty bean myself...

Yummooooo ! Am I invited over ? I can bring the tequila lol

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
I always keep the blackened tips from my smoked pork or brisket for the little extra kick.... I like a hearty bean myself...

Yummooooo ! Am I invited over ? I can bring the tequila lol

That sounds like a good addition. I'll have to try that next time I make pulled pork. Your invited, but Houston is a bit of a drive.

Hmmm... ...if I stop and get the ingredients on my way home from work, soak the beans until Sunday morning, and cook them all day they should be ready for the Brickyard.

Upvote 0
My wife is from London, so she is really into the ceremony.

Back to the GS3, I am so far liking the Hyperion extended battery.

Got some pics? Would like to see how much bigger device looks, etc. About to give up on the Samsung OEM extended battery :questionmark:

Added: Found the link on Amazon.

Upvote 0
Sounds yummy... I have a vegetarian visiting me for the weekend. So I am thinking about a black bean/spaghetti squash enchilada feast this evening. I still need a good margarita so Mexican food it will be :)

Bring on the Milagro !!!!
12 min till clock out time !!!!

Love Milagro, it's a great tequila for the price. You just missed National Tequila Day! It was Tuesday. We went out for Mexican down the street and their entire tequila menu (pretty huge) was 20% off. :D Tried some expensive mezcal but can't say I really liked it. I don't mind smokey scotch, but this just didn't hit me right.

Upvote 0
Good pics, but not a fan of the look. Don't care for the cover at all & the way it looks around the speaker, camera, & flash. Looks like I'm stuck waiting on Sammy still. I've got 2 regular size OEM batts so guess I'll just stick w/ those ( for now ).

Either the tapered design or a hump, so is what it is due to the proportional size increase to accommodate a bigger battery. The only way to offset the cover issue is to of course make a smaller battery, so the hump would not be as pronounced. I kind of like the design since protects the camera & flash.

Also, the bigger cover results in a little more bass when using the speaker and a little cooler running device under stress. Oh yeah, so far the battery life is correlating to the size :)

Will probably post a mini-review later tonight.

Upvote 0
Hyperion Samsung Galaxy SIII 4000mAh Extended Battery + Pebble Blue Back Cover (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i535, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999, U.S.

Here is the battery Rush & I are talking about ( in case people were wondering ). Looking forward to the mini review. If your liking your results I might consider, but just looks toooooo bulky. My DROID Charge was on steriods ( looks wise ) w/ an extended battery & I don't want to go that route w/ this phone.

Upvote 0
Watching the Olympic opening ceremony stuff & decided to take a drink everytime I saw an S3 commerical...OMG. A'm purdtee dunk rite now cause o lot o 3 S mercals on dis her show. :cheers:

Loving the love the S3 is getting !!

Was at work through the ceremony but had a chuckle reading a blog post about the presence of the S3 at the ceremony hours before it had actually happened.

Guess they posted a little early :p

Upvote 0
The Olympic ceremony was rather Monty Pythineque' to me (I have the DVD collection).

The Hospital part was kind of creepy and a little heavy on the propaganda, IMO. Wait six to nine months for surgery, or lay in a hospital bed in a dreary room with several others. Not too nice. I lived there over four years and half of my family lives there, so know the real general opinion of folks. the children's hospital they displayed though is a rare exception that is good.

Added: London is crazy busy in the summer, so hate to think how much more now. Yikes.

The extended battery seems the real deal, BTW.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones