Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

1. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Important tips - push outward with both arms, head towards light.

If no light, wait 12 hours, re-attempt.

If still no light, scream.

This has a been a public service announcement from the Committee to Escape From Paper Bags.

I know - you're welcome, anytime. :)
    kymberlin and Rachel A like this.
  2. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

Question? If one does not see light, should one use a cigarette lighter to help illuminate?
    EarlyMon and kymberlin like this.
  3. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Last night when we arrived in downtown Memphis, while we were in the parking garage Google Maps showed we were in the Mississippi River & when we got to ground level it said the restaurant was almost 2 miles away when it was literally right in front if us as we walked out of the garage. I thought the wife had been drinking already & then she showed me her phone all I could do was shake my head.

All right, out to do the yard work that got rained out yesterday. :rolleyes:
    kymberlin likes this.
  4. EarlyMon

Yes. Certainly.

But only when outside during winter in Antarctica.

GPS Status -> menu, tools. Calibrate magnetic sensor and level device. If still no improvement, reset ephemeris tables from same menu. ;)

Important tips, especially if needing GPS to find way back from yard.
  5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven On to Seattle... Moderator

Can I just say the folks in this thread rock. The way you/we discuss things in such a positive way is great. Stuff that would be taboo because of different folks intolerance. Kymberlin, you rock.:thumbup:
  6. Rachel A

I think we try to represent a good strata of users here!
    treb1797, kymberlin and EarlyMon like this.
  7. EarlyMon

Yes. Yes, we do.

I'm representing from the Pleistocene strata - that, by the way, also explains my mammoth postings. :) ;)
    Rachel A likes this.
  8. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2 hours of quiet sleepy sleepy time on this Sunday funday. :D
  9. Rachel A

That's just so sweet! Melts even this stone cold heart!

Thanks AD :)
    alsaces daddy likes this.
  10. alsaces daddy

My lil hot pocket has that effect on people and to make me wake up sweaty.
    kymberlin likes this.
  11. Rachel A

Mini rant here...

So, I'm sitting here at a rest area where they have separate recycling bins for plastic and aluminum (and another for general trash).

So I separate out my recyclables into the bins, feeling good about it.

Few minutes later along comes a janitor for the trash etc. and he combines all the bins and mixes them in with the trash.

Now, what's the point of having a collection facility for recycling if you don't utilize it?

Moan... :screwy:
  12. alsaces daddy

:what: that makes no sense. Maybe he's sticking it to the man.
  13. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Made me all melty. Its an adorable pic.
  14. Rachel A

Finally - we're done with Illinois. Now comes the marginally more exciting state of Indiana.
  15. kymberlin

kymberlin *~ Life is Beautiful ~* VIP Member

Yawn.... Ok, I'm awake. I am sorting the $200 worth of junk the teachers say we have to give our kids on the first day of school. No really.... $200 on top of school clothes. Pre-making breakfast and already getting the heads up my weekend staff pretty much need a good fussing at .... Payroll Monday. Treb..... did you work on that app yet? Balancing social injustice and totally remembering the days I woke up wet because the diaper leaked while baby was nighty night (AD)...

On second thought.... It's time for a drink !

Pour me a double Rachel!
  16. Rachel A

I've always wanted to try a Pan-galactic gargleblaster... If ever I could find one...
  17. Rachel A

An observation :

In England, when taught how to drive, we had an acronym pushed onto us time after time. It was MSM which stood for Mirror Signal Maneuver.

Over here I thnk they have MPSFTM - Maneuver, Possibly Signal and **** the mirror.

I love interstate driving!
  18. alsaces daddy

I have a question... why do you have to turn on your signal when you are already in the turning lane to turn in the only direction you are able to go... yes this excludes the suicide lane.
  19. Rachel A

I really believe that some people think it's a physical requisite to turning the steering wheel.

I just love the way folk glide into a lane with no signal and then put it on as they complete the actual turn.

Mind boggling... :what:

Well, I'm taking over driving now for the final sprint. One thing I love about Indiana is the 70 MPH speed limit (yeah, I know X, sounds somewhat slow considering most of the motorways and dual carriage ways in the UK are 70).
  20. EarlyMon

Because the way to drive is to drive defensively.

Assume that others seeing, approaching or sharing the turn lane - from either direction - just might be spacing out and need the signal to help alert them.

Also to announce to others that you know what you are doing in the turn lane and mean to do it.

And because in some jurisdictions, it's the law.
    kymberlin likes this.
  21. Rachel A

Except people, by and large, don't. Folk don't get the reason why they need to signal when changing lanes. They very often don't even seem to look.

I don't think people really know why they turn their signal on when they do. Toma remarked upon this when she learnt to drive in England so she could get her UK driving license. It was apparently quite an eye opener for her when she did that..
  22. Unforgiven

Unforgiven On to Seattle... Moderator

I'm one of those folks that uses it to identify what I am going to do, not what I am in the process of doing. Stoopid me.:rolleyes:
  23. alsaces daddy

I do the same but I find it a bit redundant. Although its pretty evident common sense is no longer common anymore..
  24. kymberlin

kymberlin *~ Life is Beautiful ~* VIP Member

Me to! Guess we are a bunch of dumb dumbs lol
  25. Rachel A

A lot of people in America use the turn signal as a confirmation of what is visually obvious, as opposed to an indication of a manuver that they are about to perform.

People don't seem to know why they use a turn signal, just that they do.