• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

Jero, forgot which WH I was in for a second. :eek:
I assume you're on a JB ROM, or is it officially released?

There are leaked official JB updates for the international GS3 and T-Mo USA variant, but I'm on Sprint. I just got the ported version from XDA that has made it work with ICS and installed it over the ICS universal search.

I dislike AOSP ROMs built for devices that are not Nexus devices. They never fully work and battery drain is horrible.

But the international version of the GS3 is due to get their JB updates starting tomorrow. Possibly USA T-Mobile, as well, as we've seen a leak that looks like it's the final product. Other carriers are unknown at this point (but I haven't done my daily stroll through XDA, yet).

Reactions: XplosiV
Upvote 0
Not sure what this thread is all about but hi everyone from a UK proud Galaxy S3 owner. Enjoy a virtual cuppa from me!

It's just a hangout, a place for us S3 owners to gather and chat - about the phone or not. It's been quiet in here the past few days, but it can get rather lively when we're not all consumed with real life. Pull up a chair, grab a drink of your choice, and join the conversation. Welcome!:)

Upvote 0
Hm, interesting take on AOSP. Never used one on my Bionic (there were basically two options when I had it, neither that great), but did all the time on my Droid. Guess you could almost consider the OG a Nexus type device.

Is Samsung tweaking TW for JB at all or is it still on TW 4.0(?)?

AFAIK, it's still TW 4.0 aka TW UX. I suspect we'll be getting another update soon after the JB update to change icons/appearance to be compliant with the Apple suit, so that might be called TW 4.1.

The S3 has a nature theme, not a Hello Kitty theme.

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
Galaxy S3 coming in four new colors soon.

Think I'll stick w/ the Pebble Blue.

I might have gone for the grey had it been released at the same time as the phone. But I'm sticking with my current device. It sits in a case, anyhow (I missed my kickstand from my old phone's case!) and the blue looks decent in it. So it's not a problem to me.

If I want to change the color that bad, there are phone skin kits that can do that.

Upvote 0
I might have gone for the grey had it been released at the same time as the phone. But I'm sticking with my current device. It sits in a case, anyhow (I missed my kickstand from my old phone's case!) and the blue looks decent in it. So it's not a problem to me.

If I want to change the color that bad, there are phone skin kits that can do that.

The grey is the only one I like out of those pictured. So at least we know what the Galaxy Note 2 will look like as that color was announced yesterday for that device.

Upvote 0
Not a Mod, but if I'm on the laptop I generally have 30-35 tabs of AF open at one time. We gotta have bling in here somewhere!

ftfy

But this isn't one of them. This is my drive-by posts. o_O

X,

Two Mod's in here at the same time !! What did you do this time ? :p

Hey, I just came for the bling. :)

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
I think the Brown one has a nice "premium" feel to it. I'm certainly open to more color.

I don't like the brown, at all. It's probably personal bias, as I don't like the color brown on anything outside of nature...or breads. The red/black are decent, but I didn't like the solid color of the white version. And the red and black have the solid texture. I like how the blue and grey have the etched lines in them, that do give a little bit of detail to the phone.

Although the grey's name, titanium, seems to fall out of the nature theme. I realize that the ore is out of nature, but it's not something you'd likely see without digging for it. They could have gone with boulder grey or something like that.

Upvote 0
"Boulder Grey"? Do you work for Crayola??! ;)
Burnt_sienna.jpg

Upvote 0
Goooooood Morning all...

Treb, what the heck did you do today? Almost thought it was X-mas with all this red walking around! Anyway, drank my pot of coffee and still enamored by Elixer2. Busy Busy day at work so I will pop in in a little while.

Shrimp something for dinner,:eating: IDK what, but it will be shrimp.

Hope you have a swell day, I need to stop by the store to pick up drinks for our pool party, :cheers:so let me know what y'all want.

Chow:car:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones