1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

1. kymberlin

kymberlin *~ Life is Beautiful ~* VIP Member

I'm good. Gym, kids to school, hubby gone... I'm at work payroll Monday.... Blah blah blah...

X something is utilizing my su called shell? Took a screenshot. The su permissions don't say anything about shell... Huh?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Good morning all! Hope everyone is doing well this Monday. Its a beautiful fall like morning and I'm loving it.
  3. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

K'lin, I can't be sure but it's most likely that shell refers to a system process that is accessing using SU permissions, it could be related to any of your SU/root required apps. Maybe Trent knows more on this, don't panic just yet though.
    kymberlin likes this.
  4. XplosiV

Ah, most likely terminal emulator as they can be referred to as shells (along the lines of a self contained command line interface where you can type commands to achieve a desired effect IE push (copy) an .apk file from your internal storage to external sd card etc)
    kymberlin likes this.
  5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Yep, X is right, it's just system processes. For example, on CNA ROM (or just about any other), you hit the "Reboot" option (this is added into the ROM), and it'll ask Shell for Su access.
    kymberlin and XplosiV like this.
  6. XplosiV

Thanks for the confirmation dread, I was assuming it was a similar set up to the windows processes and the cmd shell. I don't know much linuxy stuff apart from what I've learned thru using my old galaxy portal so i just live n learn. :thumbup:
  7. breadnatty08

Honestly, I'm not terribly versed myself. I recall back in the days of rooting my Droid that folks would refer to having "shell access" but not root access. As in, you could have access to system files, but you couldn't modify them. I hope I'm correct in this. :eek:
  8. XplosiV

Yea sounds about right, shell access effectively being read only.
  9. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

I have swapper 2 enabled and super user grants it shell access in order to run in the background without being prompted.
  10. kymberlin

Glad we got the "phone post " out of the way today. So, now on to bigger and better. Anyone want to stand in for me today? My 13y/o has a football meeting and Dad is gone. Where are the days football was Sunday and Monday night only. It's everyday! Literally EVERYDAY !

Ok... now What's for dinner ?
  11. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

And football everyday is a bad thing :D At least it's only in the fall & winter.

I'll be the boys father for the day, but they might look at me funny. :D

Dinner...well you can answer that one. :D
  12. XplosiV

I hear that, dinner hmm? Spaghetti & meatballs sounds good, and I know you made meatballs ;)
  13. kymberlin

Meatball Po`boys last night. Can't have the same thing 2 days in a row. I have some crab that may need my attention though. Maybe a crab salad sandwich will do trick. I have a mini baguette left.... hmmmm with a huge slice of avocado.... a nice white wine.... and a fruit salad? ....

Yes I do believe I have my answer.

Thanks X.... Don't know what I would do without you!
    XplosiV likes this.
  14. breadnatty08

K'lin sounds delicious!
    Not sure what my plans will be.
  15. XplosiV

Huh wha... Ehh?

How about crab stir fry with a warm roll, ya know, so the marg/butter melts n makes it mmmmlush!

Me, well, I'd just go with spaghetti n meatballs n home made garlic bread made from them part baked subs, mmmm

Anyways, what would you do without me? I don't evan know what I did this time? :dontknow: but probly go spare.

Teach your kids how to play uno, or $greed ;) classic family games them :D
  16. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

Oracle hates me. I'm, in turn, hating it.

Life of a DBA...
  17. XplosiV

*nudges* Rach Rach, ya remember when oracle was on tv, like ceefax or whatever? Oh memories...
  18. XplosiV

So the DBA CBA with the PITA DB that makes her want to KMFDM and then ROFLHFAO with insanity?
    Lmfao! :D
  19. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

I skipped breakfast and y'all are making me hungry. I'll check back in after work when I MIGHT be able to get a bite to eat.
  20. kymberlin

Whew... Now that payroll is done (and my phone isn't going to explode) I can properly say good morning.

Good Morning Treb, Rachel, BB, AD , and DN. Hope everyone's' day is just peachy !
  21. treb1797

Hey X...learn how to count bro. You went in the wrong direction on TOW.
    XplosiV likes this.
  22. breadnatty08

Pretty sure he's already at the pub. ;):D
    XplosiV likes this.
  23. treb1797

I mean I try to help out the Guides & Mods too here on AF, just not in TOW.:p
    XplosiV likes this.
  24. XplosiV

Good catch bro, must be all the multitasking I'm doing
  25. XplosiV

I have an experiment for you AD, it should solve your hunger issue.

Favorite food? Right, yea, closer, closer, got it, can ya picture it? Can ya smell it? Does it look just sooo good it nearly gets ya drooling on the spot? Ya want it dontchya? Yea we all know ya do, ya hungry right, course ya want ya favorite food!

Well why you thinking about it for, that'll just make the hunger worse! :D