Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

1. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Well-Known Member

Good point! I'm from Upstate and while I think the sauce and over quality is debatable.. I usually leave that place in meat sweats so full I feel like I'm gonna puke. Small portion size was not the complaint I was expecting:D
  2. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

I'm 145 Lbs and 5'11. I eat like the Hulk though. I ordered the pulled pork meal and The wife had ribs I believe. I tasted hers, but it simply came with baked beans, cole slaw (which was like in a cup) and a roll. How do you expect to fill anyone with that unless they are children...?
  3. alsaces daddy

Now I will tell you somewhere in NY that I liked.. Brooks BBQ out in Oneonta. They had great food and great portion sizes. The BBQ sauce was delectable. I can taste it now.. :) MMMM...
  4. Trent Reznor

I will caveat this by saying I have never ate at the one in Troy. But at the original in Syracuse you get your choice of multiple sides (typically ~10 to choose from) and never a roll (always cornbread). But like everything in life.. to each there own:)
  5. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Germantown Commissary here ain't too shabby either
  6. Trent Reznor

Seriously????:) Color me underwelmed by Brooks:rolleyes: Oh well.. different tastes:D
  7. alsaces daddy

You really are a food critic. I enjoy good ole fashion food that is bad for you.. Why might you ask? Because everything that is worth doing has always been said is bad for you. BTW I love the fat on my steaks, because that has the most flavor. Yet I am still a little guy, even after the testosterone boost after my daughter was born. Crazy I know.. Different strokes I guess.
  8. Trent Reznor

rushmore likes this.
  9. alsaces daddy

Where are you at in Tennessee? I used to live in Kingsport, but there and Nashville are the only places I've been. I went to the opera house there to watch The Phantom Of the Opera. So awesome with the swinging chandelier.
  10. Trent Reznor

Please don't take my differing opinion as an attack. I appreciate everyone's tastes.... just don't necessarily always agree. It's never personal but always a great topic for discusion for me. I'm always more interested in/with people with differing opinions than mine if they are willing to discuss:)

Regarding Fat... I have what can officially be classified as an addiction to bacon:p I try to eat healthy but do not go crazy and eliminate all good things from my life.
  11. treb1797

There is something we can agree on !! Makes my wife sick when I eat it. Anybody else eat the tails on their shrimp ? She hates that too
  12. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

What, no props to The Commissary? :(
    treb1797 likes this.
  13. treb1797

Memphis
  14. treb1797

Read post #730.:D

Rush...how ironic you showed up & this was the topic at the moment.
  15. Trent Reznor

Rush... why aren't you in here more???? We had to get into a BBQ discusion to draw you in here? Don't be a stranger;)
  16. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Wife was on vacation, which means I was not....

We have a place now in Lexington called The City BBQ, based out of Cincinnati. It rocks pretty hard. My heart though is with the Commissary and their almost Soup Nazi demeanor.
  17. kymberlin

kymberlin *~ Life is Beautiful ~* VIP Member

Top of the morning to S3 Wh !
    treb1797 likes this.
  18. kymberlin

I do, it's wasting if you don't. Now, craw-fish is a whole different story. I really have my limits on that one !
    treb1797 likes this.
  19. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Take those tails and make a banging seafood stock which you can use for a soup or sauce. Freezes great too. :)

Edit: oh just to be clear, you really want to use the tails/shells from their raw state, not after they're cooked.
  20. treb1797

Happy Monday to everyone as well !!!

Rush...some folks call it The Commissary & others The Germantown Commissary. But same place.
  21. kymberlin

Sounds like the S3 watering hole has another resident chef! I always make stock out of my leftover since seafood stock is so hard to find and not as good as homemade. I freeze it and use it in the winter months for my soups and gumbos.
    Oh no, I brought up gumbo. Get ready Treb, this thread is about to blow up, since gumbo recipes are open to just as much conversation.!
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  22. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

Please share a good gumbo recipe. I'm always looking for new things to try.
  23. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

We have loads of shrimp shells in the freezer at work. :D
  24. kymberlin

I think the trick is the roux. Patience is key! I love to grab a bottle (not glass) of wine, sit on a bar stool and get my roux to the perfect copper color, add in my stock and begin the building process. I can't say there is a "recipe" that I follow, but a great well seasoned stock is an absolute must. Also, some people buy cheap sausage, that is a no no. since the sausage gives so much flavor I use a nice jalapeno or andouille sausage. Living on the gulf, I use live blue crabs and ,crawfish tails, shrimp and whatever else I can find. Oh, no, now,I am getting hungry!

I do have one secret...... lol :stupido2:
  25. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Downloading the Stock image now...

You can all guess what I am up to this morning :D