Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

1. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Let me know if this gets approved & I'll forward you my resume.
  2. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

This..
    [​IMG]

Turned in to this. Whew
    [​IMG]
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

Looks like fun, did you do it yourself?
  4. alsaces daddy

Yes sir. I'm an electrician.
  5. Unforgiven

Oh, cool. I'm a home electrician, but all my work has been approved. That looks like 100 amp or less. The wires coming in look too small for 200 amp.
  6. alsaces daddy

That's just old bx wires. Here's a better picture for you.
    [​IMG]
    Its a 200amp.

I work for a master electrician. We are fully licensed insured and what not. I had the inspector come out. Greet me by name and slap a sticker on it before I even had the wires all connected. He knows I do good work. :p
  7. Unforgiven

I can do most outside of the panel work that will pass inspection, even three and four way switches. I've added breakers that have passed inspection. I don't play with the big wired though, just know that I don't touch them.:rolleyes:

I actually had my house within hours of burning down and thought it was something I did as I had added a couple of circuits. Turns out my weather head got turned and water was trickling into the panel. My electrician grabbed a ladder and literally cut the wires off my house coming from the street.
  8. alsaces daddy

I did that today. Did he re-bug it or have the power company do it?

Rusty panels are nothing to play with. I replaced this whole service today due to it rotting out. The insulation was completely gone.

I went from the bugs.. (connects to the street) to the meter, from the meter to the panel.
  9. Unforgiven

I'm not sure what rebug means. He replaced all the wire from the street connection to the panel, new panel, new breakers,all that and reconnected to the street. He then had Mass Electric come in and make the connection from the street permanent and replace the little plastic lock thingy on the meter.
  10. alsaces daddy

That's what I did today! :D Rebug is a term used because the connectors are called "bugs".
  11. Unforgiven

Ah, got it. I like dealing with the 20 amp suff. Just a buzz, not melted into a small pile of ashes.:D
  12. alsaces daddy

You won't be melted in to ashes I believe. You will turn to.goop unless someone can knock you off of it without touching you. Just remember... its not the Volts that will kill you. Its the AMPS.
  13. Unforgiven

Yeah, that's why whenever I am inside the panel I don't touch the big wires. 200 Amps will do you in (at least I'm convinced of that). You dude's deal with that stuff, I'll stick with the homeowner stuff.
  14. alsaces daddy

Haha yeah I'm pretty much the same way unless its dead!
  15. Unforgiven

Back on a PC. Is this bad?
    [​IMG]
  16. treb1797

Thank you so much for the kind words. Sorry I missed this earlier.
  17. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Well-Known Member

Hey everyone:D I'm back in Denver after much travel this week:)

Treb... how are you still awake after your postathon the last 24 hrs? (even with 5hr energy).
    alsaces daddy likes this.
  18. Trent Reznor

I must say I am very impressed with the battery life of this phone. I did a few quick calls, surfed the internets a bunch, and watched a lot of movies today... this is what I got from a full charge and a quick bump charge (~5 mins) at O'Hare:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. Trent Reznor

ravenas - Don't be a lurker:D I started out the same way. I would only participate when I was waiting for a device and then wouldn't participate until the next new device.

This is the first time I've stayed involved and it has been super fun. I should have been in the lounge much earlier :D You are cordially invited to join the madness:)
    treb1797 and Unforgiven like this.
  20. alsaces daddy

Welcome back Trent. More food talk this evening? I need a new good recipe for dinner tomorrow evening. Preferably cheapish. :) any ideas? ;)

Kym when you pop your head in you may chime in also. :p

Remember. Not too spicy. :eek:
  21. Unforgiven

Amen Trent.:thumbup:

I was a registered lurker until I got my GNex. Literally my second post on this site was in January of this year. It was the GNex watering hole that brought me out of my shell. Trust me, you will meet folks from all over the world and have great friendships.
    treb1797 and Trent Reznor like this.
  22. Trent Reznor

What kind of dinner are you thinking??? any dishes already planned??

Might have some tasty cheapish recipes I can share.... just want to make sure they'll fit with your plan:D
  23. treb1797

Always good to me home isn't it ? Wife just got home about an hour ago as well after being out all week. And yes struggling tonight to keep my eyes open even as we speak.

You getting excited about going to the Broncos :ridinghorse: game this weekend ? Oh, & dinner w/ the future Ms. ?
  24. alsaces daddy

I'm a fly by the pants kindda guy! :cool:

Kidding. No I have no plans as of yet. I will request a nice recepie here soon for the wife's birthday but tomorrow is just to change things up a little from sketti and pork chops or chicken. Blah :eek: