• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

Hampton, VA, Dread.

I just got back from my final scan of the Phnom Penh market. The unit would be made in Vietnam and I can get it NIB with 1yr. warranty and screen protector for $640. That's a great price but I'm hesitant about the "made in Vietnam" part. I might wait until I get home.

Edit: It looks like they opened the plant in late 2009 and it does only high end phones--S2, Note, S3.

Edit: Phone in hand :D Upload pics later!! Going to meet the buyer of the Wildfire S now :bawling:

Upvote 0
Hampton, VA, Dread.

I just got back from my final scan of the Phnom Penh market. The unit would be made in Vietnam and I can get it NIB with 1yr. warranty and screen protector for $640. That's a great price but I'm hesitant about the "made in Vietnam" part. I might wait until I get home.

Edit: It looks like they opened the plant in late 2009 and it does only high end phones--S2, Note, S3.

Edit: Phone in hand :D Upload pics later!! Going to meet the buyer of the Wildfire S now :bawling:

Feel the same way :bawling: . My Samsung DROID Charge ( 1st smartphone ) auction ended on ebay this afternoon & boxing it up as we speak. I know this phone wasn't " all that" , but being my first ( :smokin::smokin: ) , I'll never forget it. :p

Reactions: CafeKampuchia
Upvote 0
Hampton, VA, Dread.

Welcome to the club chap, good choice

Reactions: CafeKampuchia
Upvote 0
Cousin Eddie is here and jumping on the diving board and about to belly flop in the watering hole.

So far, my only complaint is I had to get the white one, but BB at least kept my bluple 32gb preorder open. Still no sign of them, but I probably will start all over again, since the white is now bugging me. I do not like white cars either and dumped my white 3DS Lite as soon as the black one was released. If it were gray it would be okay. Not a case of being vain, but more it just seems gaudy to me. JMO.

Added:

I am now using the Nova launcher. Better options, landscape mode, drag and drop folders, mass app folder drops, more icons and most importantly, you can back up the launcher settings, so no starting from scratch when the pluble 32gb gets in at BB. I now show 253 apps installed and set all my stuff up. Too tedious to go through again, if can be avoided :)

I chose Nova over Apex due to the mass app drag and drop is in the free version of Nova. Will pay for the app if stick with it.

Upvote 0
Glad you headed over from that train wreck we call the S3 threads. That place is like a horrible nightmare come true. Hard to give good advice when you think your talking to someone w/ the same phone as you, but they have a different version, on another carrier, etc. Guides if your out there we need some order over there ASAP.

Upvote 0
Glad you headed over from that train wreck we call the S3 threads. That place is like a horrible nightmare come true. Hard to give good advice when you think your talking to someone w/ the same phone as you, but they have a different version, on another carrier, etc. Guides if your out there we need some order over there ASAP.

Staff is aware of the issue treb. This happens with major device releases. It will happen again when JB starts rolling out. If you see anything that needs our attention, just hit the report button.

Upvote 0
I think part of the issue is that the same questions are being asked time and again because some people are too lazy to search, and possibly the under use of the tags system.

That & the phone is on all 4 major carriers in the United States w/ more to follow. Then we have the UK folks as well. So you may be trying to tell someone how to access something or perform a certain task & their phone "layout" is different b/c your on Verizon & they are AT&T or whatever. So you have alot of new folks that are already confused & this only adds to the confusion.

Update : I went over to the Android Central forums for the S3 & I think it would be of great benefit for everyone to have separate threads depending on what carrier you have. It's way more organized & less craziness. I'm only saying this b/c I love our beloved site here & want to make it better for all members. Guides click on the link & see for yourselves. I know this topic was brought up before, but I think it should be revisited. Again, I only say this b/c I care , so don't let this rub you the wrong way.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii/

Upvote 0
How cute..... Treb1797.... sniff sniff Has a soft spot lol...
JK I think it would be awesome to have a carrier specific s3 thread !!

My name is Kymberlin and I approve this message ! lol

If your like that on post 111 I'd love to see what you post if you get number 666 lol.

I think you need another drink, you sound way too sober for this time of day :p

Msg approved by C4,S3 kthxboom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones