• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 Watering Hole

having a drink or 2 should be required before having to start a shift in retail.. its so hard dealing with complete morons (aka customers) sober!

Today for example:

Customer: "Is this the new S3?" (pointing at the Note)
Me: "No thats the galaxy Note"
C: "Oh so this is the note 3?"
Me: "No, this is the note 1, that is the S3" (points at S3)
C: "oh, where are the iphones?"
Me: ... fml

Upvote 0
having a drink or 2 should be required before having to start a shift in retail.. its so hard dealing with complete morons (aka customers) sober!

Today for example:

*snicker*

Upvote 0

Today for example:

*smh* what is the world coming to?

Upvote 0
LOL...I was in Best Buy yesterday for them to replace my InvisibleShield HD (another story...) and a girl came in with the GSIII she had JUST bought the day before to return it. I asked her why and as soon as she said "Well, I had an iPhone before..." I knew there was no need for her to elaborate.

Upvote 0
LOL...I was in Best Buy yesterday for them to replace my InvisibleShield HD (another story...) and a girl came in with the GSIII she had JUST bought the day before to return it. I asked her why and as soon as she said "Well, I had an iPhone before..." I knew there was no need for her to elaborate.

Did you end up getting the SIII dawnierae?

Upvote 0
Did you end up getting the SIII dawnierae?

I did. My daughter has my GNex, and I have reserved the right to take it back if necessary. :) So far, other than the locked bootloader, I like it. Not fond of TouchWiz, but Apex Launcher came to the rescue. Battery life is great - yesterday I went 17+ hours and still had 27% battery left, and that was on 4g most of the day since I don't have wifi at work. Granted, that's not with heavy use, but my GNex would be at 40% or by the time I left work and MAY make it til bedtime without needing a charge.

Upvote 0
I did. My daughter has my GNex, and I have reserved the right to take it back if necessary. :) So far, other than the locked bootloader, I like it. Not fond of TouchWiz, but Apex Launcher came to the rescue. Battery life is great - yesterday I went 17+ hours and still had 27% battery left, and that was on 4g most of the day since I don't have wifi at work. Granted, that's not with heavy use, but my GNex would be at 40% or by the time I left work and MAY make it til bedtime without needing a charge.

Ahhh fresh meat... Erm I mean oh hai! Welcome to the S3 club, glad your enjoying your new phone of awesomeness :D

Reactions: Member112085
Upvote 0

Glad to have yeah !! Thanks again for the ZAGG help. Here is a link so you don't have to tell the story again. http://androidforums.com/android-accessories/585031-zagg-hd-vs-zagg.html#post4697969

Upvote 0
I got a few of these, very handy

33065.jpg

Upvote 0
Oh speaking of returning a samsung for an iphone (bleh)

I had a customer come in one morning a few weeks back to exchange her galaxy note for an iphone - she hated the amazing android OS and the HUGE screen and apparently wanted to go back to the tiny slow iphone 4... wtf??

later that day a lady came in wanting to exchange her new iphone for a galaxy note!

was pretty funny, glad one of them had sense though! :D

Upvote 0
Oh speaking of returning a samsung for an iphone (bleh)

I had a customer come in one morning a few weeks back to exchange her galaxy note for an iphone - she hated the amazing android OS and the HUGE screen and apparently wanted to go back to the tiny slow iphone 4... wtf??

later that day a lady came in wanting to exchange her new iphone for a galaxy note!

was pretty funny, glad one of them had sense though! :D
Wow...I guess Ron White was right ( regarding Note to iPhone customer ) you really can't fix stupid. :alberteinstein:

Upvote 0
Folks, the water hole stuff almost seems like we are tucked away to the side to avoid much interaction with fellow VZW GS3 users. I have read enough posts in the main forum to see the decision to keep the GS3 all together is one good intentioned mess. This appears to be getting worse.

Too many differences. Even if all versions had the same chipset, I would consider it, but still not buy it. This on the other hand is a comic farce.

BTW, my sons Droid 3 (was mine until last November) has MUCH better 3G signal and throughput. I felt like I had a Gnex.

Upvote 0
Folks, the water hole stuff almost seems like we are tucked away to the side to avoid much interaction of fellow VZW GS3 users. I have read enough posts in the main forum to see the decision to keep the GS3 all together is one good intentioned mess.

Too many differences. Even if all versions had the same chipset, I would consider it, but still not buy it. This on the other hand is a comic farce.

BTW, though my sons Droid 3 (was mine until last November) has MUCH better 3G signal and throughput. I felt like I had a Gnex.

You think the S3 threads are a mess now just wait until everybody starts getting Jelly Bean at different times. Thank the lord some smart person invented this thread so we have a place to get away from that train wreck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones