Galaxy S3 with 4.1 - Google Now/search text to speech not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Rollotamassi

Rollotamassi Member

Just ran the updated to the latest version of Android. I was quite looking forward to playing around with the new Google search voice functionality. I have no problem getting it to recognize my voice and perform commands however the app doesn't talk to me. It always displays the information on my screen. Also, does anyone know of a way to default Google Now to open instead of S-voice when pressing the talk button on a BT headset?

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I think S Voice is the default on the S3 and there is no way to make it override to Google Now, I could be wrong though so to get some better assistance I am going to move this thread into the Galaxy S3 forums so that users with your device can better assist you :)
  3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Have you got always speak turned on in the Google now settings? Menu, settings, voice, speech output.

I don't know if this will work but try disabling svoice in application manager and your phone might default to Google now.
  4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Do you have voice recognizer set to Samsung in settings, language and input? If you do try setting it to Google.
  5. Rollotamassi

Rollotamassi Member

Thank you for the reply -

Yes, I have always speak turned on. I do not see an option labeled voice recognizer under language and input.
  6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

it only talks back to certain commands. from homescreen, long press menu and it should come up with google Now
    if you havent yet, it should guide u to set up and activate it. once its activated, google search and voice search will use Now.
    ask it "whats the weather?" and it should tell u. ask it the square root of 95 and it should speak the answer. theres only certain things it will speak, otherwise itl show u more useful stuff than siri would tell u and it learns your interests.
    make sure you set the language, for example English Generic works best for me so it understands you.
    i tend to just type unless its things like math or "what is fifteen UK pounds in US dollars?" which saves time :)
    just set all your "cards" up, sports etc :)
  7. Rollotamassi

Rollotamassi Member

I asked it what the weather was and it chimed and popped it up on the screen but didn't speak it. Also, when I long press my home button it pops up all my running apps, not google search.