• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S3 won't boot.

So my G3 was a rooted phone, and today as I plugged my phone into the computer, Samsung Kies wanted to update, and I clicked yes, not knowing better. Then it did the whole updating thing, and it didn't work. So, being curious, I went on the phone using the system update there, got the update to work, and it installed, and asked to reboot. I clicked yes. The problem happens. It doesn't reboot, it only shut down. I can't get it to boot again. When I boot with the power button, it goes on, then it goes off right as the words "Samsung" come on. It also has the words "Recovery Booting" On the top left side, but that including the Samsung logo disappeared in a second and its back to black powered down screen. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

Sounds like your os is corrupt and may need reflashing. This can be done yourself if you can find the official release for your phone however if you are tech unsavvy, you may want to go to the shop you got it from to see if they can do it.

My computer doesn't recognize the Phone so I can't really go into odin to flash it with the original Os...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones