• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S3 won't turn on

ChadMaestro

Lurker
May 22, 2013
Hi all, thanks for taking the time to read this.

My GS3 has just stopped working. No power on or anything. I took apart the back end (not the screen) and the litmus tests are still blue.

Back Story:

Bought it from someone overseas and when it arrived, it had some condensation on the front of the screen. A week goes by and it runs like a dream.

At gym the other day, the notification light was blinking, but no buttons would work. I took out the battery, tried to put it back in but the phone just wouldn't turn on. No download mode, nothing. Tried a different battery (from the samsung store out of a working phone) and no dice.

Any ideas? Absolutely desperate as I only bought this phone because my S2 broke. Bought this off a friend and now it's not working. Sigh ... :(

Hi all, thanks for taking the time to read this.

My GS3 has just stopped working. No power on or anything. I took apart the back end (not the screen) and the litmus tests are still blue.

Back Story:

Bought it from someone overseas and when it arrived, it had some condensation on the front of the screen. A week goes by and it runs like a dream.

At gym the other day, the notification light was blinking, but no buttons would work. I took out the battery, tried to put it back in but the phone just wouldn't turn on. No download mode, nothing. Tried a different battery (from the samsung store out of a working phone) and no dice.

Any ideas? Absolutely desperate as I only bought this phone because my S2 broke. Bought this off a friend and now it's not working. Sigh ... :(

This pretty much describe Sudden Death Syndrome, related to a mix of bug and chip in early versions of the 16gb models and some Note 2s.
At this stage, I don't think there is much you can do, beside taking it to Samsung.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones