• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S4 Battery Draining Fast

MichelleC38

Lurker
Nov 10, 2015
I'm not sure if I have the right forum. My phone is the S4 Active but I couldn't find the right thread.

Not too long ago I posted about my phone not charging. I dropped it and I would plug it in, but the battery wouldnt charge, it would drain. Even though the charge icon was there. Ended up buying a new battery. Didn't work. Was switching between my old S4 to charge the battery and put it back in this one. All of a sudden, my old S4 stopped charging as well. I thought the Active was done for.. so I bought a different phone, which literally got stolen a few days ago. So instead of throwing out lots of cash, went on ebay and bought a USB Charger Port. I previously took the phone to a repair place to fix and the guy said it wasn't fixable and the new USB charger port wasn't fitting properly. Well, I did it myself yesterday. Charges fine but slow.

Now I'm noticing the battery is draining fast. It was dead for a few weeks. Completely drained. So I let it charge.. no problems, right? I let it charge to 100% last night.. been on my phone for maybe 5 minutes this morning and it's down to 93%. I've lowered all settings, turned off sync, factory reset, tried multiple chargers, Uninstaller unnecessary apps. Nothing is helping. Battery shows a screen is using 51% while the OS is using about 19%. Phone fell pretty hard. Not sure what's going on.. but I'm out of ideas. Possibly get a new battery, or possibly something in the phone that is broke that is causing it to drain??

Everything works perfectly like it's brand new, except the battery drain and slow charge.

Edit - It seems that the battery I bought is a cheap battery. Not the Samsung battery I originally had. I'm not sure if that could be an issue.. but I'm going to try charging the old battery and see if I have the same issue.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones