Last Updated:

1. jrccomputer

jrccomputer Well-Known Member

I like the otterbox defender.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Advertisement
  2. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

Just bought the S View Cover a few days back. It was amazing with the small screen because I can answer phone calls and check the time without wasting so much battery power. It can also auto unlock and auto lock just by opening and closing respectively. The only disadvantage is that it only protects the screen and not the sides of the phone. The cover is also very expensive (SGD 78) especially for a student like me who is only in secondary school (or high school).

Overall, I would say that it is a very innovative and cool cover. However, if you are looking for a case that protects your phone, the S View Cover is not for you especially with that heavy price tag it carries.
  3. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or do pictures of the phone with the screen on keep looking like dummy models with a sticker for the screen? I know that they aren't. I guess the pixel density and screen quality is good enough to look like paper? lol.
  4. SAL8116

SAL8116 Well-Known Member

I love UAG cases. Had the white, navy, olive and orange for my S3. For my S4 I currently have white with navy and orange cases on there way.

Thinking about getting a UAG case for my iPad mini too.
  5. BLACKTOOTHGRIN

BLACKTOOTHGRIN Well-Known Member

Does the white have the same kind of back that shows up in my pictures, or is it slick looking like in the stock UAG pictures? I'd also like to know the same about the Orange as well when you get it.
    Good pictures of both would be nice.:)
    (Both with a flash and without a flash)
  6. trmiv

trmiv Member

Love the UAG case. I have the Aero, but I may buy the white one just to have another color. Awesome case.
  7. SAL8116

Yes, it has that "grainy" feel to it. It is NOT smooth. I actually like the "grainy" feel. I will report back with the orange and navy one's when they arrive.
  8. BLACKTOOTHGRIN

I like the grainy feel as well.
    Glad they're not slick how they look in the stock photos.
  9. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

It's probably just TPU.

Oh yeah: thermoplastic polyurethane :D:D
  10. R=G

R=G Well-Known Member

Got my Seidio with the kickstand today from Amazon...only $23 and you can show it to Best Buy and they could price match so you don't have to pay that extra $30 for it.

LOL. If you register your phone, you should get half off accessories...paying $60 for a SD card is damn near unacceptable yet alone a phone case. I laughed out loud on that one.
  11. RoadRunnerSS

RoadRunnerSS Well-Known Member

I just got my Otterbox Defender in today. This case definitely deserves it's name by the feel and structure of it. I'm not a fan of the buttons, but I can deal with it. The case does make the phone feel bulkier, but I mainly bought this case for work anyway. Overall the Otterbox case is top notch if you're looking to protect your phone 100%.
  12. SAL8116

The orange looks the same as the black in regards to the textured feeling. I can't seem to get a good picture though.
  13. BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Thanks for the info. I might get another color for back up then.
  14. Dnomac

Dnomac Active Member

Bought a black matte TPU cover by Caseology off Amazon for $9 shipped. Does the job and is very low profile, but I can't help but prefer the phone naked in my hand! I absolutely hate added bulk despite the low profile of the case. Conflicted...
  15. ImNotNew

ImNotNew New Member

Seriously considering picking up an S4 today and wondering if there are any waterproof options available/on the way. I greatly prefer android to iphone, but their accessories are just so much better. If there were a Lifeproof case available for the S4, it would be a no brainer but considering they still haven't managed to get their version for the S3 out, I feel I am going to have to look elsewhere. This is a capability I need, especially in the summer months. I don't want to go the iphone route, but it may be the only option for a waterproof device on Verizon.

I've also read about the S4 Active variant that will be waterproof from the factory, but I highly doubt we will ever see a CDMA/LTE version. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :D
  16. Atomicmachine

Atomicmachine Well-Known Member

What do you think about this cases that bring a battery inside?

I want to buy one but I'm concern if they don't reduce the lifetime of the one inside of the phone, once that they are allways connect. Or not. Anyone knows how they work?

Witch one would be better to chouse once that we have btw 3000mah and 3000mah?
  17. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I'm seeing kudos from several reviewers around.. especially those for the S4.

Here's just one: Best Battery Cases for Samsung Galaxy S4

My device has good battery life and is not in need of such a case, but I think it's a brilliant idea for devices with short battery life as a known issue.
  18. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

Not necessarily what you were after but those cases tend to be quite bulky and expensive, while cheap ones are available on eBay, they will be crap, guaranteed! A better option if your worried about the battery life would be something like this:

Anker
  19. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi ImNotNew :hello: Welcome to the forums .. unless you're not new I guess. :D

I merged your thread with the case thread. :)
    ImNotNew likes this.
  20. ImNotNew

ImNotNew New Member

Thanks for the merge, the obex looks like the right solution. Galaxy S4, here I come!

And no, I'm definitely not new, just haven't been active in quite awhile. I used to wear green around here too. ;)
    Atma likes this.
  21. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Well welcome back! :D
  22. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

I picked up a Seidio Active case for the GS4 the other day. It fits nicely in the above holster, a bit more snug than the Speck CandyShell.

I still haven't found case Nirvana yet. I would like to try the Speck CandyShell Grip case, but don't want to pay $35 for it.

Honestly, I'm kinda leaning towards the Speck CandyShell and/or Grip as my fav thus far. It has really started to grow on me. I like the Seidio Active, but find the buttons are almost too sensitive, if such a thing is possible. I just wish the CandyShell weren't so slippery on the back and sides. Maybe the Grip will be the perfect option for me. ;)
  23. fdnj48

fdnj48 Well-Known Member

I just got my white/black Neo Hybrid today and I really LOVE it!!! It feels really good in hand and not slippery at all!! Only thing I don't really like is that the cutout for the charger port isn't a little bigger so now most of my chargers(I still use some of my older chargers from my Blackberry and Moto's) don't fit. Not the end of the world but it makes things a little less convenient. Still love the case overall though!!!
  24. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I have bought lots of batteries on eBay and most (but not all) have been fine.

I bought a spare battery for my S2 for about