• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S4 Cases and covers!

I would say that if you have managed to break 3 screens, than you should read the phone's manual and make sure what phones are supposed to be used for.
If you search this poster's other posts, you will find this
I work for best buy mobile
Also 'I've done 3 service orders' is a bit of a clue.

Upvote 0
I received this yesterday:

(Link removed) Anyway, it's $0.75 plus shipping.

It's awesome. LOL. I figure for the price, why not. But it fits perfectly and gives good grip to the phone. Holes all align perfectly.

I had a bulky Otterbox on my s3 and didn't want to do that again.

Edit: Duh. It's the BoxWave Slim-Fit Flexible Galaxy S4 TPU Case, purchased from Amazon.

Upvote 0
I you're shopping on Ebay be careful of Spigen counterfeits. I ordered 4 Spigen Neo Hybrids and got 4 counterfeit ones. How do I know? No authentication card and then verified some packaging stuff on Spigen's website. Never mind that one of the cases was broken. Ebay's buyers protection has me covered so its just a matter of going through the dispute process.

Upvote 0
I have the slim armor case. The easiest way to put it on is to already have the 2 layers put together before you put the phone in it. Put the phone in, press all around the edges to snap it in to place. And it fits perfectly right out of the box. No break in period required. If yours doesnt seem right, then its not right. Return it.
One question though, what kind of screen protector are you using? Is it a thick one possibly blocking the case from fully snapping on?
I know for my wife's iphone she got a zagg screen protector but the case kept making it peel off. She took it to zagg and they told her she needed a case friendly screen protector which leaves some room around the edges for a case.
Maybe whichever protector you are using is not compatible?

I ordered white, so the color met my expectations.

i actually dont even have a screen protector on it yet... ordered one and it sohuld be here soon, which may make this case even more of an issue....

It's not liek the case is falling off, it just is not fitting perfectly imo. Can you see ANY silver edging of the phone when the case is on? i can see a sliver at the top left curve....

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I bought the Incase Systm Chisel from best buy $35. I was going to get the Otterbox Commuter once again but I spotted this one and decided to try something different. It's easy to grip, looks good, and has adequate protection.

SYSTM by Incase Chisel Case for Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mobile Phones SY10068 - Best Buy

8890226cv1a.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

8890226cv2a.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

Upvote 0
yea i did... still isnt fitting perfectly...im hoping that it needs to be broken in..not a big deal either way...just being anal...

anyone have the SpigenGLAS.tR SLIM??

since it covers the light sensors up top, does it affect any of the phones abilities?

I have the GLAS.tR (.4mm tempered with rounded edges). The front camera is the only sensor that is covered. So if it may have some affect on smart stay/scroll or such if the front camera is what is used to watch your eyes.

Upvote 0
I was thinking about buying this case for someone, but wanted to make sure it was a good case and will work with an invisishield.

Amazon.com: Smoke Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit TPU Case For Samsung Galaxy S4: Cell Phones & Accessories

I don't have the S4, so I'm not sure about the fitting of cases. I know on my S3 the case I bought took the shield off.

Thanks guys.

Hi BlueIce. I merged your thread with the case thread here. :)

Sorry, I don't know if the invisihield would work.

Upvote 0
I usually forgo using a case, but it's just dumb luck that I haven't broken a screen thus far. I chose a Rocketfish silicone shell after trying a bunch of cases at the Verizon store and Best Buy.

+ quality fit and finish
+ tactile
+ convenient (compared to a flip cover or bulkier case)
+ significant shock protection
+ translucent
+ minimalist (thin and light)
- a little pricey for such a simple case

Could've saved $20 by getting a $2 case, but I decided not to wait (and I'm not sure about the quality of those).

Upvote 0
Was trying to source for reviews on the a/m. Read 1 or 2 saying that the buttons become inaccessible/hard to press, or charging port un-pluggable. Has anyone has any idea or experience to share on this? Greatly appreciated!!:)

Hi zinesta :hello: welcome to the forums!

I merged your thread with the case thread. Maybe someone here will know something about the Trident case. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones