Galaxy S4 color saturation on black a little whiteSupport

Last Updated:

1. cgentil

cgentil Member

Hi,
    I've a problem with my S4, a color saturation on black, the phone shows some white traces on vertical and horizontal. All in black background the color saturation.
    It's a display problem? Or should I send the phone to guarantee to reparing?
    It's something like this:

Advertisement
  2. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

Looks like a problem with the screen itself or maybe the GPU? If you plan on sending it in...try a factory reset first. If that doesn't work you will now know it's a hardware problem and sending in will be your best option.
  3. cgentil

cgentil Member

Tried few times the factory reset.

Saw some article talking about color saturation...
  4. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

Link?
  5. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

I don't see what that thread about saturation has to do with your problem. You seem to have a faulty screen which has nothing do with saturation.
  6. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

This isn't anything to do with saturation.

Saturation is when the colours are too vivid ie over-saturated. It looks to me as though you have a faulty screen. Mine does not have those lines on it and looks evenly black across the whole screen.
  7. Nick33

Nick33 Well-Known Member

Cgentil, can i ask u what screen on ur phone this is? Bc check this out. I get this on menu screens when its actually a dark grey and not true black. Its strange bc urs is so uniform

Attached Files:

8. Nick33

Nick33 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, go into a dark room and look and the bottom of the screen. Pics dont show ut fully but im wondering if its in the same issue category
  9. Nick33

Nick33 Well-Known Member

Check out the app in the play store called "display tester" by gombosdev. This app will show u if u have any inconsistencies in different colored screens. I have none, so this issue has me stumped as well blah
  10. cgentil

cgentil Member

Mine the colour isn't uniform...
  11. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

In my opinion, all these problem with the display are hardware problems. Exchange the phone with the manufacturer or your provider.
  12. cgentil

cgentil Member

If I send to guarantee they will change the piece of hardware and don't give mt new phone.
  13. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

I don't know what the policy is on exchanges. But generally speaking, your phone doesn't get fixed...you get a refurbished phone or a new one if refurbs are not available. That's my guess because I don't know what country you are in or where you bought the phone or what the rules are. Call and find out. Nobody here can give you a better answer than the people who will actually be doing the exchange.