Galaxy S4 Freezes and hangs up, HELP !!Support

Last Updated:

1. cra86sh

cra86sh New Member

Ok so I got my phone 3 weeks ago after selling my S3 which I really liked and I thought that S4 would be better replacement. Things turned to be different coz I've had a lot of problems with the S4 since then. The problem is that it freezes a lot especially after making a phone call through the network or through viber when I try to hang up sometimes it doesn't respond and the phone starts to freeze and if someone calls me I can't pick up, the phone also goes silent with regard to system sounds, that means I can't hear any sound when I raise the volume up or open an app or the settings (button sounds).
    I called T-mobile customer service they instructed me to do clear cache (didn't work!) then factory reset (didn't work too!!) then I decided to replace it they sent me the replacement yesterday and I thought all my problems will be gone, but I was wrong! coz I still have the same problem!! I tried to uninstall half of the apps that I have on my phone but still didn't work. I also reset my phone to factory settings and installed one app only which is (Viber) but I still get this problem. Does it have to do my google account?! or I had bad luck with two defective phones?
    Please help

Advertisement
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Is your device rooted? Welcome to AF, BTW. :)
  3. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Were you using the same Sim card in both phones? Maybe that has something to do with it.
  4. cra86sh

cra86sh New Member

Metroid and Atma thank you so much for your replies
    No my device isn't rooted. And yes I'm using the same sim card with both phones, could it cause the problem?!
    I used the same sim card with my old S3 and it was working fine.
  5. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Its hard to say. I really don't know but it's the only thing your 2 new phones have in common. Do you have the problem without Viber? Since you aren't rooted I'll move this to the general S4 forum. Maybe someone will recognize the problem.
  6. cra86sh

cra86sh New Member

I called T-mobile this morning and they suggested to reset my phone and not to install any app, if the problem persists they are gonna issue me new one.
    Atma likes this.
  7. Bandaid

Bandaid Well-Known Member

I had to get a new sim even though it worked fine with my S2 but didnt play nice with the S4. Try having someone at T-mobile switch it out. Many times it can fixes strange anomalies.
  8. cra86sh

cra86sh New Member

Thanks for the advice Bandaid I'll try to switch it tomorrow