Galaxy S4 Launched!General

Last Updated:

1. ashish04

ashish04 Member

[​IMG]
    Samsung has launched Galaxy S4 only 1 and a half hour ago in NYC. It was a nice presentation, but with a some hyperbole.

Advertisement
  2. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

Announced, not launched. :D

It's being launched next month.
    XplosiV likes this.
  3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

I saw it on NECN Business tonight. A regional news show. They only gave it a few seconds but it looked good!
  4. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

any information about pre-ordering?
  5. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

When is the release date?
  6. chris2k5

chris2k5 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it announced - more like Samsung was embarrassed to show their poor technology and they masked it with a charade.

And there is no confirmation of release date. Get facts straight.
    ashish04 likes this.
  7. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

Samsung said in the presentation it would be available in April, some sites are reporting they will be taking pre-orders starting mid April.

I'm sure some users will get it early though, they always do.
  8. ExtremeNerd

ExtremeNerd Well-Known Member

Extremely underwhelmed. It's a solid phone for sure, but not a huge upgrade for those of us with a S3. Same general design since the S2, no overhaul to Touchwiz.

To me, this is more of a Galaxy 3S than a Galaxy 4.
  9. ashish04

ashish04 Member

I agree with you..it isn't a huge upgrade for S3 owners. and Samsung has also said that some features of S4 will be coming soon to S3, so switch to S4 from S3 won't make a sense..
  10. Airstream25

Airstream25 Well-Known Member

I don't care about the poor announcement presentation or the fact that it has a plastic body. Generally one of the first things I do with a new phone is buy an extended battery and back cover then put the whole thing in a protective case. Looks like it will be a very capable phone with enough new bells and whistles to be entertaining for quite awhile.