Galaxy S4 mobile connection errorSupport

Last Updated: 2013-09-16 06:09:55
  1. esizzle93

esizzle93 New Member

So I recently traded my HTC One in for a Galaxy S4 on the Sprint network. Boy, was that a mistake? I purchased the S4 at my local Bestbuy. During the first week with the S4 I was having many connection errors, I believe it was "mobile connection error 404". So I head to the local sprint store, in which a tech looked at it and told me it was defective. Sprint couldn't do anything about it as I have the Geek Squad protection plan. So I head to Bestbuy to get a replacement. So than as I am using the replacement phone a few days later, it won't connect to 4G. So now on Tuesday my second replacement Galaxy S4 will be coming in. Is anybody else having such problems on the Galaxy S4 on Sprint or is this just me? I need help. Thanks for looking

Advertisement
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

1) Call support and make sure they're not doing work in your area. While they're working in my area, my signal is all over including no bars, 1x, 3G and 4G.
    2) Best Buy usually double-checks this, but just in case: When you get your replacement phone, make sure the SIM# is the one on file at Sprint. Sometimes they (Sprint) do not properly update the SIM#, locking you out of 4G.
    3) Without signing into the new phone, perform all system updates and then factory reset. Once that's done, update the PRL. See if you have better results.