• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S4 network problem. HELP!

When ever i'm in a spot with no reception (i.e. metro tunnel, some basements, etc) and I leave that area to a spot that does have 4G/LTE reception, my phone will have a hard time switching to it. This will happen every once in a while, maybe once every day or two. It will show no reception but I clearly do. I'll try to open an app that uses data and it won't update. If I make a call it won't work (and my phone app hangs). If I try to text it won't go through.

I tried looking through my network settings under 'More Networks' in the settings and nothing works. When I click on Network Mode, nothing is checked off. When I do choose an option (GSM/HSPA/LTE auto connect) nothing changes. The only way to solve the problem is a reset of my handset. Then after about a day or so, it will happen again.

Anyone idea on how to solve or fix the problem?? Any tips would be appreciated!!

When ever i'm in a spot with no reception (i.e. metro tunnel, some basements, etc) and I leave that area to a spot that does have 4G/LTE reception, my phone will have a hard time switching to it. This will happen every once in a while, maybe once every day or two. It will show no reception but I clearly do. I'll try to open an app that uses data and it won't update. If I make a call it won't work (and my phone app hangs). If I try to text it won't go through.

I tried looking through my network settings under 'More Networks' in the settings and nothing works. When I click on Network Mode, nothing is checked off. When I do choose an option (GSM/HSPA/LTE auto connect) nothing changes. The only way to solve the problem is a reset of my handset. Then after about a day or so, it will happen again.

Anyone idea on how to solve or fix the problem?? Any tips would be appreciated!!

Who is your carrier?

Have you tried turning on and then off Airplane mode?

Kratos

Upvote 0

What Android version are you running?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones