Galaxy S4 Not ChargingSupport

1. mattamomo

mattamomo New Member

Ok everyone.
    Heres the story:
    yesterday evening i was using my phone, browsing on the web and watching some videos, all was well. i went to bed and put my phone on charge. at 3 in the morning i woke up because i felt something weird, it turned out it was the Galaxy vibrating in short bursts. I turned it off and back on, and as soon as it came up with the home screen my phone turned off again, but i was far too tired to try much so after a few attempts i just unplugged the phone and took the battery out.
    In the morning i had a look, it was the same story, except it wouldnt even make it to the home screen before turning off. There are no lights or anything.
    It is currently charging but is not making any difference and it wont even turn on.
    I have only had the phone 2 months and it is pristine (or so i believe)

Any one have a similar experience and know what it might be?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

If you ran the battery all the way down (e.g. it wasn't really plugged in right to charge last night), it sometimes takes a while before the phone will start. It needs a minimum charge or some such thing.
  3. mattamomo

mattamomo New Member

No this was different
    the phone charged all night, and had about 20% when i put it on before bed.
    its definitely something wrong as i still am having no luck
  4. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

What I was suggesting is that it really wasn't charging last night, and what woke you up was it warning you it was running out of power.
  5. mattamomo

mattamomo New Member

ohh ok
    Yh it was definitely plugged in and on, because it vibrated in bursts when it was plugged in but not when it was unplugged.
    I even tried a different charger and the same vibrating occured but no charging
  6. mattamomo

mattamomo New Member

Any ideas?
  7. mrsmumbles

mrsmumbles Well-Known Member

Maybe try wrapping a thin piece of paper around the battery to make it a bit tighter inside the battery compartment, just in case the battery has become a bit loose and isn't fitting tightly enough.
  8. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

It sounds like the charge port on the phone took a dump to be honest.

Samsung charge ports seem to die easy. :(

Mine died and that is what it did. The phone would vibrate every 10-20 second when it was plugged in :/ if I tapped the power button it would show a gray battery symbol, not the green which it should if the phone is off and charging.

If you plug it into a pc, does the PC beep to recognize it?>

The nice thing is if your out of warranty, google "replacing charge port S4" It is REALLY easy I did mine in about 15 minutes. (MAKE sure you order the right port if you do this, the different S4 versions have different charge boards)
    mrsmumbles likes this.
  9. Witrigs Vege

Witrigs Vege Member

I think so. You can try to replace the charging port flex cable.
    Share a repair video with u. It Is Fairly Easy to Solve Galaxy S4 Charging Port Problem - YouTube