• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help galaxy s4 not turning on wifi

Edgar armenta

Apr 14, 2015
I bought a galaxy s4 like a mmonth ago, from a friend, and the problem is that when i try to connect to asa second wifi network it says couldnt connect or something like that, then turns the wifi off and then i cant seem to ever turn it on, it stays stuck on turning on no matter what i do, does anyone know whats wrong? Thanks.

If you could be a little more precise Edgar I think people might be able to help you out more. When you try to connect to the second WiFi network what EXACTLY error message to you get? Then EXACTLY does the second message say? I've never heard of "stuck on turning on," is it "obtaining IP address? Also since a friend previously owned it contact them and see if they had the issue and can tell you what to do.

Upvote 0
The wifi turns off after i try connecting to a 2nd network, right before it turns off, it says connection failed, then i try turning the wifi back on and it stays stuck on turning on, i cant scan for networks or anything, no networks appear and it stays in a greyed out green under the toggles in notification center.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones