• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S4 not updating to 4.3

kurt00000

Lurker
Jan 1, 2012
My Galaxy s4 is from Sprint/ModelNumber:SPHL720, for a month now i have been trying to download the new 4.3 update and it keeps Erroring when its installing. It downloads fine but when it reboots and the little android app shows up it falls down and has a red error sign on it. Idk whats going on, i unrooted my phone and i asked sprint and they said just to wait.... ive been waiting.... and to get the update back all i have to do is clear cache and i can download the 4.3 update again but it will keep erroring all the time... helppp!!!

Probably some tweak you made to the phone while rooted that is causing the failure. Like putting on the hotspot mod, etc. Do you have a custom recovery installed? If so, that could be the problem too.

You will likely have to factory reset/RTN the phone to get the update to take. But remember that it will wipe all the data on the internal storage, so backup and export first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones