Galaxy s4 notification "could not send attachment"Support

1. dm930

dm930 New Member

Hi folks,
    New here. I get a daily notification with the little triangle Saying, "Can not send attachment" Went into my gmail outbox, noticed an email in there that perhaps was never successfully sent with an attachment. Proceeded to delete it. Checked and it's no longer there, but still get the same notification... Can anyone shed some light? Am I not checking something?
    Thanks in advance,
    Demetri

Advertisement
    :
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Maybe something in the sms app mate?
    dm930 likes this.
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hello and welcome aboard.

I've moved your thread inside here for some faster responses.

Hopefully you'll get this issue resolved. Clear data on the app in question &#8212; hopefully this might fix the problem.
    dm930 likes this.
  4. dm930

dm930 New Member

Thanks, problem is I really don't know how to tell what app is causing this to happen.
    Message app, SMS, Gmail, Hangouts, Whatsapp, ugh.
  5. tytlyf

tytlyf Well-Known Member

So you're sending an image from Gmail that is not sending? Are you on wifi when sending? What is the size of the attachment?
  6. dm930

dm930 New Member

Problem I have is I can't find anything I once tried to send with attachment and cant remember... It's driving me nuts. I usually have wifi on
  7. m3incorp

m3incorp Well-Known Member

Have you tried a reboot to clear the notification?
  8. BobbiLowery

BobbiLowery New Member

Hi. I've been having the same problem! I tried to send pictures to my Aunt via Gmail but I accidentally typed in the wrong email address. So, I went to the outbox and deleted the email. Now I get the same message every day at least once a day! It's says, "attachment couldn't be sent" but when I click on the notification it takes me to my outbox which is empty. If anyone knows how to stop this, I'd really appreciate it!!! It's getting very irritating! Thank you!!
  9. shewski

shewski New Member

I had the same problem. I removed my gmail account then added it back and problem solved.
  10. bobolinko

bobolinko Well-Known Member

You need not go to that drastic of an approach.

Open settings/More/Application manager

Then scroll down to the mail (Gmail) app and click on it.
    then select the clear data button and it should fix the sending issue.

Hint: if it's just a message, copy the message that's stuck in the outgoing folder, and copy the text BEFORE YOU DO THIS so that you won't have to re-type it after the account is re-synced. Then open a new "Compose" item and paste the copied text into the message area of the 'new' message, fill in the to and subject lines and click on Send... It should go.....

Aloha and Good Luck!
  11. shewski

shewski New Member

I tried that first but it did not work for me.