• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy s4 photo album frustration

rc3mil

Jan 3, 2014
Hi. Every time I take a picture or a video it saves them all to the main gallery. Despite the video folder I created. No sd card. All stored on phone.

I hate having to sift through 500 pictures after a vacation and move them to the appropriate folder.

Especially with the videos you would think a top of the line phone such as the galaxy s4 would save them to a video folder....

Using the stock camera app.

Any solution?

vikkidroid;[URL="tel:6469347" said:
6469347[/URL]]QuickPic is a gallery application available for free from Play store. Its a good image browser than the stock's photos app. However I am not sure will it help to solve your problem. Give a try & post ur experience here.

QuickPic is an awesome gallery app and I recommend it. As to your issue with all the pictures/videos being grouped together all in one place, the Camera folder, that's normal. You will have to create and move the pictures/videos to the folders you create. (Even when using 3rd party apps.) Think about it for a minute. When you use a point and shoot digital camera, there is no special folders for photo and videos. They are all saved on the card, in one folder. Its not until you upload them to your computer, that you separate the pictures into folders.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones