Galaxy S4 Professional ReviewsGeneral

1. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

The first I know of appeared yesterday: Samsung Galaxy S4 Review

It's fairly short, and rather perfunctory on some important points (e.g. battery life). They don't say whether it's a final or a pre-production unit, though they do detail the software build the unit had. So a long way from the last word in reviews IMO, but it's there for those who want to read it.

They've given it the exact same "score" they gave the SIII last year.

Advertisement
    :
    El Presidente and pequeajim like this.
  2. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

This might be a good thread to make a Sticky. Just a thought.
    Slug likes this.
  3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Good idea.... stuck! :)
    pequeajim, treb1797 and Hadron like this.
  4. Hadron

5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

It just keeps looking better and better. That battery test was awesome!
  6. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

markyboy81, RichSz and Hadron like this.
  7. LookSir,Droids

LookSir,Droids Well-Known Member

good stuff thanks for sharing
  8. ZZZelsa

ZZZelsa Member

Does anyone know if the Samsung Galaxy S4 has any other health tracking features than the pedometer Health App?
  9. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

I watched that video and I was awestruck. Watching that video makes me want that phone even more than I wanted it before. :D
  10. ParishL31

ParishL31 Well-Known Member

I believe there is also a heart rate monitor belt and a scale that will help you track certain health things.
    ZZZelsa likes this.
  11. pequeajim

pequeajim Well-Known Member

12. Hadron

Mobile-review's full review has been up for a while, but I see I'd only posted the camera review link previously. This link should be to the Google translation - looking at their English site it seems like they've not been doing a lot of translations lately.
  13. treb1797

14. treb1797

EarlyMon likes this.
  15. barryl85

barryl85 Well-Known Member

Samsung Galaxy S4 review | The Verge

I was excited to see the Verge review on the GS4 but nope what we got is an extremely biased rant about how much the guy doesn't like it then he gives it an 8/10.

If he hated it so much the score should have been lower but it's clearly an amazing phone, he is just hating on Samsung.
  16. Hadron

TBH I've not been impressed with a lot of Verge reviews.
    EarlyMon and treb1797 like this.
  17. dontpanicbobby

18. markyboy81

markyboy81 Well-Known Member

I think the review was positive apart from the design, and to be quite honest if that's all he has to complain about, then I'll be happy to own the s4!
  19. Hadron

All of these reviews coming out simultaneously. I suspected the dearth up to now was Samsung controlling the timing to coincide with the release.
  20. dontpanicbobby

I love that a lot of reviewers are complaining that Samsung included too much software on this release. Not bloatware mind you but stuff people used to have to root their phones and download software that only worked on rooted phones to be able to do. Too many settings options, really... That's supposed to be a bad thing?
  21. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I agree and disagree.
    TBH, I love having the customization that comes with custom ROMs, but at the end of the day, there's only a handful of things I rely on my Gnex to do (and do well). If it can get that done, great! And it has, which is why I'm content with staying with it for a while.
  22. dontpanicbobby

Now that I have Jellybean on my S2 I'm over the "gotta have it right now" syndrome I was suffering with while I was still using ICS. My S2 does what I want it to do but on my next round of DVD ripping I plan on going full HD res if possible so an S4 is definitely in my future. Plus that whole you can use it with gloves on thing. Do you realize how cold it been here in Boston this spring? I can just imagine what next fall and winter are going to be like.
  23. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

24. chris2k5

chris2k5 Well-Known Member