• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S4 ringtones work on the S2!

dontpanicbobby

100% That Guy
Dec 31, 2011
Boston MA USA
fatalfury over in the S3 forums found this cool guide from the droid labs website that walks you through making your S3 look like an S4. As part of the guide he has links to various files that you'd use to accomplish that. One of those links is for the S4 ringtones. I Installed them on my S2 with Jellybean last night and they sound really good. Check it out.

Reactions: Atma and Caker188
Nope. No root required to use the ringtones. You do have to unzip the files before you copy over the ringtones though. Once the files are unzipped copy them to the media/audio/ringtones folder on your phone. That way they don't show up on your music player. I didn't yry any of the other stuff droid labs made available, you may have to be rooted for that but honestly I didn't even try.

Reactions: Atma
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones