Galaxy S4 screen replacementSupport

Last Updated:

1. Liam548

Liam548 Well-Known Member

Anyone know how difficult it is to have a replacement factory standard glass screen to an S4?

Any details?

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

If you've done it before it's pretty simple. If you've never done it you'll probably ruin a few phones before you get it right.
  3. Tsepz_GP

Tsepz_GP Well-Known Member Contributor

Going by the YouTube tutorials? It's a bit of a lengthy job that requires a lot of patience, concentration and sturdy hands.
  4. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

If you mean to do it yourself rather than pay someone else, I'd say it's hard but doable.

I haven't replaced the screen on an S4 but not long ago I did on an iPad. It was difficult but I did manage it without major incident. If you can follow instructions (which you should read several times before actually starting), are good with your hands and have experience of delicate electronics, you should be able to do it.

The main problems are the size i.e. tiny and the fact that components are glued together. Having said this, I only did it because I got a screen cheaply that a friend had bought to repair his own iPad and then had his iPad replaced under insurance. Otherwise, I probably would have paid someone else to do it. If you've done 20, it's probably a doddle. If you haven't done any, it's tricky.
  5. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

If you have insurance on the phone, I say put a claim in and get a new replacement phone. From what I've seen, the parts, depending on what you need, alone are around $150+. You can get a replacement for around that price.