1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Galaxy S4 - Unknown LagGeneral

1. bilbo214

bilbo214 New Member

Why does such a powerful phone have lag?

Advertisement
    :
  2. sreum

sreum Well-Known Member

It didn't lag with Android 4.2. But I didn't say that. ....... Cause other people on here will say otherwise. Lol
  3. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

This has been done to death a million times.

Please use the search function.
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums bilbo214! :)

Could you please post which model of Samsung Galaxy S4 you have by going to...

Settings > More > About device > Model number
  5. bilbo214

bilbo214 New Member

This?

Attached Files:

6. bilbo214

bilbo214 New Member

I don't think the photo worked

It's GT-I9507
  7. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

It worked, thanks bilbo214.

The GT-i9507 is yet another variant under the Samsung Galaxy S4 banner, taking the number of models of phones called Galaxy S4 up to 24 or 25, (note to self, must change the title of, 23 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?).

The Samsung Galaxy S4 TD-LTE, to give it its correct designation, is similar to the International, quad core, GT-i9505 and is designed specifically for use on Hong Kong and mainland China's networks.

You are on the latest Android 4.3 firmware for this model as KitKat, Android 4.4.2, has not been released for it. I am not familiar with the any carrier added firmware on this phone and so cannot comment on how much added, "bloatware", it has to contend with.

If this lag has occurred since a firmware update, you could read through the Update Problems - Dummies Guide as this contains not only reasons why this may be happening but also some remedies and fixes.
  8. tcc1

tcc1 Member

The tweaks are available within the settings of all recent Android phones in a section called
    electricpete likes this.
  9. sreum

sreum Well-Known Member