• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S4 Used to be on Virgin but now it is on Bell? Help!!

birksy24

Lurker
Jan 24, 2015
Resolved: I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and it was running Virgin Mobile, but this morning i was updating CM11 and the play store stopped working. I preformed a factory reset and reinstalled the Google Apps. Now when I pull down the notifications it says that it is Bell, and also on the lock screen it says Bell. Up until this morning it said virgin in those spots. Any help is welcome. I really need to get this fixed. I don't care if I lose root on it.
Thanks,
Kent

P.S. I can't send texts or call.

Last edited:
We only know what you tell us, so can I just ask what country you are in, and how you updated the phone? I'm guessing Canada because a web search says that Virgin in Canada is a subsidiary of Bell, which makes this change easiest to understand. But I can't see how flashing a ROM .zip through recovery would change this type of thing, which is why I'm asking the second (but as CM doesn't include google apps it would explain the first problem).

If you can confirm exactly which S4 model you have that will help us identify the best assistance.

Meanwhile, do you have a copy of the previous ROM, or a nandroid backup, which you can restore? And while I know this is silly, have you tried going into your network settings and selecting Virgin manually?

Upvote 0
Thanks for all of your help. I got it fixed. I tried to install the old rom but that didn't work. I couldn't even turn my device on. I went on my computer and just installed the stock software using Keis. I just had to put in the device version and the S/N version under the battery and it did it for me.
Thanks again,
Kent

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones