1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Galaxy S4 volume button always prioritizing ringtone volume?Support

1. livinwinin

livinwinin Member

When I use the sound button (hardware button) on my S4, the ringtone volume level gets changed, and if I want to change the music, movie and media volume level, I got to click the settings button that appears when I change my ringtone volume. Now, while I listen to music, or already is watching a movie, this doesn't happen, but if I want to pre-set volumes before I watch a movie, I have to take a huge detour through the sound settings.

So, is there any way to change the prioritation so that I will always change the music volume with the buttons? Also, how do I silence the beeping sound that beeps when I change the ringtone volume?

(I want my ringtone volume to be a constant, and my media volume to always change by deafault. I see no reason at all why anyone would want a quick access to change the ringtone volume either.)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Adara

Adara Well-Known Member

I can't answer your question. I can answer only your comment about seeing no reason why people want quick access to change the ringtone volume -- as I totally want quick access to change the ringtone volume.

At work, the phone is at my desk, about two feet my face, and a wall away from my boss. I turn my ringtone volume down when I get to work -- so that I can hear it, but nobody else can.

When I get home, though, the phone stays put while I move around -- so I want the ringtone louder, so I'll hear it.

Different volume in the car, too.

So, basically, yeah, I am constantly changing my ringtone volume and like the easy access. (OTOH, I always listen to music through earphones, so my media volume is generally constant. To the extent I need to change it due to ambient noise, I do that once I start listening.)