• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S5 autocorrecting to random nonsense

My phone will auto correct to random nonsense when I'm typing too fast, even when it's just a single word that I've actually spelled correctly. What is the deal? I actually use auto correct and love it but this is something I've never had to deal with on other phones (and I've been using Android for 4 years). The less annoying ones are when it corrects words that don't need to be capitalized (like it or is... they sometimes get changed to capitals in mid sentence) or when you backspace to change the letters of a word and it forgets that you were already typing a word and adds a new one from the letters. How do I fix this issue? Well all the issues without turning off auto correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-09-18-15-55-1.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-09-18-15-55-1.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 42
When you see a word that changes on you, back space to get it like you wanted it. Then click on the CkMark, that will tell the keyboard software that is a valid word for your dictionary.

It takes a while to "train the software", and I find that I really like it the way it is. That is, IF you are using SwiftKey keyboard which is far better than the Samsung keyboard.

I find that I am able to almost type out complete sentences because the software has learned how I think. It will pop up the "next word I want" 90% of the time. You must click on the word that you want to insert in your SMS. It is almost 'AI' in that regard.

Try this if you aren't using it now.

* SwiftKey Keyboard - Android Apps on Google Play

Please be patient, it takes time to train the software, but it will predict what you want to say "eventually". Depends on how prolific you are with SMS's. The more you send, the quicker it will learn.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones