• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S5 bought from China

Dear
I bought a brand new Galaxy S5 from China during a business trip and as soon as I got in the hotel room I saw that it is made for Chinese market.It does not have playstore and other apps from google.I'm from Macedonia and tell me please how can I fix the phone to have all these apps.How can I make it with european software
Regards,
waiting for your reply

And then what? Without Google Play Store/Services on the phone you won't be able to install anything from the Play website.

OP, since you bought it in China I have to ask this: are you sure it is a Samsung Galaxy S5, and not a Chinese fake? If it's real there's probably a way of getting European software onto it (I'm not a Samsung expert so can't advise on that). If it's a fake then real Samsung software won't work, but people with experience of Chinese phones may be able to suggest something.

Upvote 0
Dear
I bought a brand new Galaxy S5 from China during a business trip and as soon as I got in the hotel room I saw that it is made for Chinese market.It does not have playstore and other apps from google.I'm from Macedonia and tell me please how can I fix the phone to have all these apps.How can I make it with european software
Regards,
waiting for your reply

The phone is orginally from China. BTW, how much did you get it for?

Upvote 0
The phone is orginally from China. BTW, how much did you get it for?

The phone is original samsung galaxy s5 is not a fake one i bought it 550euro from china not 50yuan.i didnt have time to go back to the store so they could put me a new european software and thats why im asking because they told me from there it is possible to pit a european aoftware

Upvote 0
Well, you can root the phone and then install a European ROM on it.

It would have to be rooted to get Google Play onto it. However it voids the Samsung warranty, because it trips the e-fuse which is part of the KNOX security features.

Should be able to get Google apps and services installed on a Chinese S5 without changing the ROM, but it's got to rooted with something like Chainfire, and likely a custom recovery installed as well, such as CWM or TWRP.

Upvote 0
The phone is original samsung galaxy s5 is not a fake one i bought it 550euro from china not 50yuan.i didnt have time to go back to the store so they could put me a new european software and thats why im asking because they told me from there it is possible to pit a european aoftware

A Samsung store in China wouldn't be able to install a European ROM, which may not even work properly anyway, because the baseband is different AFAIK. Can you confirm the exact version of the S5 you have, the model number and baseband version, because there's three different versions in China. Hopefully you haven't got the CDMA one, because that wouldn't work at all in Europe, or the China Mobile "TD" version, because you won't get 3G or LTE outside of China with that one.

Upvote 0
A Samsung store in China wouldn't be able to install a European ROM, which may not even work properly anyway, because the baseband is different AFAIK. Can you confirm the exact version of the S5 you have, the model number and baseband version, because there's three different versions in China. Hopefully you haven't got the CDMA one, because that wouldn't work at all in Europe, or the China Mobile "TD" version, because you won't get 3G or LTE outside of China with that one.

Model is: SM-G9006V
Baseband version: G9006VZNU1AND1

Upvote 0

The model number and baseband correspond to a Samsung China TD-LTE model. Not sure you'll get 4G on that in most of Europe, but 2G and 3G should be fine.

As I've noted earlier I'm not a Samsung expert. But my instinct is to root and try to install a European/Worldwide custom ROM. I'd not flash a different Baseband unless someone can confirm for sure that it's compatible, because that phone is designed for a different 4G standard (the only reason I hesitate is that it is possible to produce chipsets which support both, but I can't find anything that says that phone has one).

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Have you had a read of our S5, All Things Root forum. That's where you'll find pretty much everything you need to know about rooting and ROMs. Which is what you need to do to get Google onto a Chinese S5. Give XDA Devs a look as well. Sorry can't be any more helpful than that, although I'm in China I'm completely unfamiliar with S5 rooting methods.

Upvote 0
dear guys.
I had the same problem now it is OK!!!

i bought a galaxy S5 (SM-9008V)in china without the Gaps and playstore.
i solved this problem rooted and instal Gapps and then i installed some applications to translate room. I'm brazilian and some applications not work in portugues.

Upvote 0
Hi Everyone

I also bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos G9008W, it comes in Chinese language from factory but i was able to update it from scratch and now it is fully functional in the international version (English) where you can set it to your language (I have it in Spanish now), these are the steps:

1.- Create an account into http://www.sammobile.com, you have to do it, otherwise you can't download the firmware (it is free and save).
2.- Sing in to http://www.sammobile.com
3.- Search for G9008W firmware
, the link is: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G9008W/
4.- Download the package G9008WDXU1ANF8_G9008WOLB1ANF6_XMF into your PC or LapTop (file is marked: 2015-01-14, Unknown, 4.4.2, G9008WDXU1ANF8, G9008WOLB1ANF6)
5.- Extract (unzip) the firmware file G9008WDXU1ANF8_G9008WOLB1ANF6_XMF.zip6.
6.- Download Odin v3.10.6 into your PC or LapTop
, the link is: https://mega.co.nz/#!epshkJAa!y7pFS5-9RVhp4vDxTRAQARAwkjyQAB_9mDZWfXkLqko
7.- Extract Odin ZIP file
8.- Clean your device
:
8.1.- Reboot Phone in Recovery Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons)
8.2.- Go to Wipe cache Partition, doing this you clean the cache space
8.3.- Go to Wipe data/factory reset, doing this you clean the data factory
8.4.- Reboot Phone using reboot system now option​
11.- Open Odin v.3.10.6 in your PC or LapTop
12.- Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
13.- Connect phone to your PC
14.- You will see a warning message (in Chinese) on your phone, just push volume up
button and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
15.- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked in Odin
16.- Add the firmware file (G9008WDXU1ANF8_G9008WOLB1ANF6_G9008WDXU1ANF7_HOME.tar.md5) to AP/PDA button in Odin
(browse to the path where you unzip it and select it)
17.- Click the start button in Odin, sit back and wait few minutes.

After restart your phone will be set to Android 4.4.2 international version.

You can also see the Sammobile video:

Hope this be helpful and works for all of you

Best regards from Mexico

Palikary

Upvote 0
Hi Everyone

I also bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos G9008W, it comes in Chinese language from factory but i was able to update it from scratch and now it is fully functional in the international version (English) where you can set it to your language (I have it in Spanish now), these are the steps:

1.- Create an account into http://www.sammobile.com, you have to do it, otherwise you can't download the firmware (it is free and save).
2.- Sing in to http://www.sammobile.com
3.- Search for G9008W firmware
, the link is: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G9008W/
4.- Download the package G9008WDXU1ANF8_G9008WOLB1ANF6_XMF into your PC or LapTop (file is marked: 2015-01-14, Unknown, 4.4.2, G9008WDXU1ANF8, G9008WOLB1ANF6)
5.- Extract (unzip) the firmware file G9008WDXU1ANF8_G9008WOLB1ANF6_XMF.zip6.
6.- Download Odin v3.10.6 into your PC or LapTop
, the link is: https://mega.co.nz/#!epshkJAa!y7pFS5-9RVhp4vDxTRAQARAwkjyQAB_9mDZWfXkLqko
7.- Extract Odin ZIP file
8.- Clean your device
:
8.1.- Reboot Phone in Recovery Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons)
8.2.- Go to Wipe cache Partition, doing this you clean the cache space
8.3.- Go to Wipe data/factory reset, doing this you clean the data factory
8.4.- Reboot Phone using reboot system now option​
11.- Open Odin v.3.10.6 in your PC or LapTop
12.- Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
13.- Connect phone to your PC
14.- You will see a warning message (in Chinese) on your phone, just push volume up
button and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
15.- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked in Odin
16.- Add the firmware file (G9008WDXU1ANF8_G9008WOLB1ANF6_G9008WDXU1ANF7_HOME.tar.md5) to AP/PDA button in Odin
(browse to the path where you unzip it and select it)
17.- Click the start button in Odin, sit back and wait few minutes.

After restart your phone will be set to Android 4.4.2 international version.

You can also see the Sammobile video:

Hope this be helpful and works for all of you

Best regards from Mexico

Palikary

Are there any international version firmware for samsung galaxy s5 (sm-9008v)??? Help please???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones