• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy s5 Camera only show 5M

Hi,

I have a galaxy S5 but the camera settings will only show 5 Megapxels not 16, any ideas why this is?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums peterallis! :)

Thank you for your post.

There are currently 35 different models of the Samsung Galaxy S5 and over 3,000 different stock Samsung firmware versions, worldwide, covering 3 different Android platforms, Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4 and Android 5.0.0. Not all issues will affect all models or firmware releases and your answers to the following questions will help in the forum's answers to your specific query.

#1 Could you post your Model number and Android version...

To locate these, go to...

Settings > More > About device > Model number and Android version

This will give you the model of Samsung Galaxy S5 that you have and which Android version you are on.

#2. Your current Firmware, (not just Baseband), version .

To locate your current firmware version, go to the stock, Samsung, dial pad and type in...

*#1234#

This will give you your, "Version", details in full, usually 3 lines of information, AP: CP: CSC:, which may all be relevant.

*** If code *#1234# has been disabled on your firmware, you can download and install, free from the Play Store, Phone Info and it will give you, under Firmware Info... PDA, Baseband, CSC, versions.

#3. Also helpful would be your carrier, (service provider), location, (UK, India, Russia, USA, etc: ), and if your phone is rooted or not and running a custom ROM, (give details).

Thanks. The above helps us to help you and hopefully someone will be able to reply to you shortly. :)

For more information, see, 35 Galaxy S5 models - know yours???

(TIP If you are a poster it is a good idea to mention your model number and firmware version in case this has a bearing on your problem.

Better still, if you have 25+ posts to your name, you can go to the black bar at the top of this forum and click on your
Username, which will show a drop down menu. Just select, "Signature", and you can enter in the signature box the details of your phone, i.e. - "Galaxy S5 G900F".This ensures that your device details are shown in every post you make. You can update this as often as you like and will help other users immediately identify your phone and firmware.)

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for the quick answer, details below:-

Model Number - SM-G900H
Andriod Version - 4.4.2
BaseBand Version - G900HXXU1ANCE

AP - I9500XXUAMDK
CP - I9500XXUAMDK
CSC - I9500JVAMDK

I am in the UK using O2 and as far as I know the phone in not rooted or has a custom ROM. i've also reset it to factory defaults.

thanks for any help.

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for the quick answer, details below:-

Model Number - SM-G900H
Andriod Version - 4.4.2
BaseBand Version - G900HXXU1ANCE

AP - I9500XXUAMDK
CP - I9500XXUAMDK
CSC - I9500JVAMDK

I am in the UK using O2 and as far as I know the phone in not rooted or has a custom ROM. i've also reset it to factory defaults.

thanks for any help.

Oh dear peterallis!

There seems to b a mis-match with your model number, SM-G900H, which is for a Samsung Galaxy S5 octa core, non 4G, variant... and your firmware AP which is showing as I9500XXUAMDK. I9500 is the code for the Samsung Galaxy S4!

Could you install Phone Info, free from the Play Store as per the instructions in
#1.4 of
Galaxy S5, Fake Clone or Genuine - Dummies Guide and report what the Knox Warranty code shows, as per #1.5 of that guide.

Upvote 0
Hi,

the KNOX Warranty code is just blank. Other details include:-

Manufacturer/Brand - alps
Phone Model - SM-G900H
Device Type - mtk6589_wet_lca
Product name - mtk6589_wet_lca
Coutry of Origin - blank
Manufacturing date - blank

Everything under CSC INFO is blank - although I dont have a sim card in at the moment if that makes a difference

I HAVE AN imei NUMBER

FIRMWARE INFO

Bootloader version - unknown
baseband version - MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V$, (i cant see the rest)

various other info that dos not look too good.

I presume this is a dodgy or fake phone then?

thanks for any help!

Upvote 0
Hi,

the KNOX Warranty code is just blank. Other details include:-

Manufacturer/Brand - alps
Phone Model - SM-G900H
Device Type - mtk6589_wet_lca
Product name - mtk6589_wet_lca
Coutry of Origin - blank
Manufacturing date - blank

Everything under CSC INFO is blank - although I dont have a sim card in at the moment if that makes a difference

I HAVE AN imei NUMBER

FIRMWARE INFO

Bootloader version - unknown
baseband version - MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V$, (i cant see the rest)

various other info that dos not look too good.

I presume this is a dodgy or fake phone then?

thanks for any help!

I am sorry to say that it is indeed a fake Samsung Galaxy S5 peterallis. :(

The giveways have been highlighted by me in your last post. No Knox Security code and it has a MediaTek board, see #1.5 of the guide mentioned by me. Even fake phones need an IMEI number to operate... possibly cloned also. Where did you buy it from?

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones