Galaxy S5 Camera Thread - ** Please Post Samples! **General

1. jack58

jack58 Well-Known Member

plus $35 restocking fee. ;)
  2. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Playing around with selective focus. I don't quite have it yet... most of the time I get a message that says selective focus could not be applied. these two worked though. [​IMG][​IMG]
    bhageman likes this.
  3. bhageman

bhageman Member

Love the focus control on the new Google camera.

Attached Files:

4. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Took some new pictures with my Galaxy S5, just some random stuff video too down below enjoy!

Photos
    New York Pictures 5/11/2014 - Imgur

Videos

A funny bird with sticky paper stuck to his leg

A video of birds eating in front of my home (this was made for a friend but still shot with the Galaxy S5)

Walking up my block headed home

Ferry leaving the docks on the Hudson River

An NJ Transit Light Rail Train pulling into a station
    EarlyMon likes this.
  5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

@xxteargodxx - outstanding post my friend! :)

I especially loved the ferry and train videos. I couldn't care less about megapixels or other specs - just results. The excellent colors and lack of wide angle distortion in those two really grabbed me. Maybe an expert would see those differently, but I thought they were great. I felt like I got to be there, places I've never been, and for me personally, that's 100% of everything I could ask for.

Btw - say the word, and I'll edit your post to embed the videos right on the page. Completely up to you.

Thanks for sharing! :)
    mike28 likes this.
  6. xxteargodxx

Glad you like them. I plan on videoing the helicopter that lands and takes off from the water front as well, that will be quite a sight to see. Just have to see when they are next running tours hopefully in a few days.

And sure if you can edit my previous post and embed the videos I'm fine with that.
  7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

8. VentureForth

VentureForth Well-Known Member

G uploadfromtaptalk1400007480463.jpg

Some flowers. I keep the resolution to 2mp or 6 max.
  9. jarablue

jarablue Well-Known Member

Are you guys using 1:1, 4:3 or 16:9 for pictures? And are you using the full 16meg?

Also for video, do you guys use smooth motion?
  10. macturbo

macturbo New Member

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I take a lot of photos and the camera is the only thing I care about. I had an S3 that I took to Arizona and California and got great shots with it. Almost all the shots I take with my S5 are blurry. I often can see the blurring without zooming at all. I have to take 5 or 10 photos to get one that's not blurry. I've played with the settings, including stabilization. I don't want to take it back but I'm running out of ideas. The pictures of the dog and the cat that dawnierae took above...there's no way I could get those pictures. They would be blurred on my tiny screen if you blew them up to that size they would be full of blobs. Anyone have any advice?
  11. jarablue

I noticed something odd about my pictures. It seems that they are pixelated when zooming in a tiny bit. I took pictures of NYC on top of the empire state building and when opening it on my pc it seems that its pixelated. This is in pretty much all the pics. On the phone it looks great but zooming in on the pc it looks funky.
  12. jack58

jack58 Well-Known Member

If you have your vibration mode turned on when you don't need it (like in daylight) that would cause that.

I've found that using the zoom feature (using fingers to zoom before shooting) is a lot blurry compared to taking the regular shot and then cropping afterwards.
  13. jarablue

No zooming and no vibration mode. Just the pictures are not crisp. Kinda blocky in a way.

But on the phone they look very sharp. Just not on the PC.
  14. Just figured I'd start a post for pictures taken with the phones amazing camera.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  15. jack58

jack58 Well-Known Member

Here are some of them: (resized to 800 pixel width)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Well-Known Member

Jack58, easy to see your photo background the way those have been posed.
  17. jack58

jack58 Well-Known Member

To us professional photographers, it is 3words no matter what/where we shoot.
    COMPOSITION
    LIGHTING
    PATIENCE

Do you know just how hard it was to get that last picture without a bunch a people in it? Normally that Hwy 66 building has a ton a people around it like the 3rd pic. Here I am on vacation and I'm acting like I'm at work. Sometimes my wife was getting exasperated with me. :rolleyes:
  18. xxteargodxx

19. steve392

steve392 Well-Known Member

is anyone experiencing any issues with video sound like another poster mentioned? Im hoping to get my GS5 tomorrow or friday and can only think that if hte sound is not great it could be cause of whatever they use to keep it waterproof. It might have some sort of rubber membrane over the mic.

I have a portable radio that is waterproof and the complaints are it has terrible transmit feature because of the membrane covering the mic. If you remove the mic it dramatically improves the voice input but now its not water proof. :\
  20. MobileES

MobileES Well-Known Member

Very impressed with the camera on this phone, only took a few shots, one of my soundbar, detail in the speaker cone is really nice. Also a shot of my camera gear............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  21. shellbell1471

shellbell1471 Well-Known Member

Here's a pic that I took using my s5 I love it
  22. tscateh

tscateh Member

I can't seem to change the settings on my camera app - and there's no "settings" icon (the gear) in my camera app. How do I get there?
  23. mcm180

mcm180 Member

1. What do you mean? Can you take a screen shot of when you open your camera app?

2. is it the default/Stock camera?

3. have you done a factory reset?
  24. jack58

jack58 Well-Known Member

When you actually have the camera on like your going to shoot a picture, the icons (gear included) should be there.This is what you should see when the camera is ON. I am pretending to take a pic of my notebook & monitor. The gear is at the top left.

Attached Files:

25. jack58

jack58 Well-Known Member

Too bad it is a Canon! :p I have a Nikon... you know, Fords/Chevy's don't get along! :D

Here is what I use for my photography work:

[​IMG]