• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GALAXY S5 IS STUCK IN UNREPAIRABLE BOOT LOOP

A

Android Question

My SM-G900F is stuck in a boot loop.

When this happened, I Tried to do a factory reset plus cleaning cache in recovery. However this didnot fix my problem so I decided to reflash using odin, so i download the official rom and installed it but again same issue happened. After so much research and headache I installed CWM and did a kalvic, factory reset + format system a few times then I reflashed it afterwards. This seemed to have made the boot loop even worse since I doesn't pass through samsung galaxy s5 powered by android logo. That where the boot loop happens.

So overall I have tried
Reflashing ROM about 5 or 6 times using odin
Factory reset
Clean cache + kalvic
FORMAT system and boot
Hitting it hard as much as possible without breaking it.
Pulling the battery out for about a trillion times

Current result:
Headaches 24/7

Thanks

Are you getting a Pass in Odin? That is weird, it should fix your issue. Are you sure that it is the correct firmware? Also, check to see if it is a good download.

I did get passes. I also got my firmware from sammobile.com
Im pretty sure its the currect firmware But Im not sure if its a good download.
What does that have to do with the boot loop anyways?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did get passes. I also got my firmware from sammobile.com
Im pretty sure its the currect firmware But Im not sure if its a good download.
What does that have to do with the boot loop anyways?

I've seen this boot loop issue mentioned several times with the S5, even after flashing the firmware. What people say fixes it is to factory reset & wipe cache after flashing via odin. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Upvote 0
I've seen this boot loop issue mentioned several times with the S5, even after flashing the firmware. What people say fixes it is to factory reset & wipe cache after flashing via odin. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

After each reflash I did a factory reset and clean cache. Afterwards it just goes to the samsung galaxy s5 powered by android logo. Thats where the boot loop happens.
Can cyanogenmod 12 fix this issue?

Upvote 0
Im pretty sure its the currect firmware

I wish I had a £1 for every time I've read that. ;)

There are, currently, 40 different models of Galaxy S5 and over 3,000 firmwares for them. See, 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

1. Which carrier are you with?

2. Which country are you in?

3. Were you on Android 4.4.2 or 4.4.4 or 5.0?

4. Which firmware, exactly, are you attempting to flash?

Reactions: Lordvincent 90
Upvote 0
I wish I had a £1 for every time I've read that. ;)

There are, currently, 40 different models of Galaxy S5 and over 3,000 firmwares for them. See, 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

1. Which carrier are you with?

2. Which country are you in?

3. Were you on Android 4.4.2 or 4.4.4 or 5.0?

4. Which firmware, exactly, are you attempting to flash?

model: SM-G900F International adreno snapdragon
Carrier: 02
Android os: IT was on 5.0 when it happened, then i downgraded to 4.4.2 with same results then again reflashed to 5.0
Firmware: i tried tons. this was the latest one i tried. but same results

Last edited:
Reactions: Lordvincent 90
Upvote 0
Can other devices do the trick like note 3?
Or does it have to be a working s5?

Both guides state...

" Insert the microSD card inside a working Galaxy
S5 SM-G900F mobile phone
"

"Insert the microSD card inside a working Galaxy S5 SM-G900F mobile phone."

PLAN B...

Take it to the nearest Samsung Service Point and plead ignorance and blame the Lollipop update. Might work!

Last edited:
Reactions: Clonier
Upvote 0
Both guides state...

S5 SM-G900F mobile phone
"

PLAN B...

Take it to the nearest Samsung Service Point and plead ignorance and blame the Lollipop update. Might work!

I swear I'm gonna go nuts.
I knew I shouldn't have gotten the s5.
Can some shop just repair it or something?
BTW wont the samsung service point fix it themselves or i dunno i bought this thing without warranty?
Whats ATF JTAG?
Thanks

Upvote 0
Both guides state...

S5 SM-G900F mobile phone
"

PLAN B...

Can't cyanogenmod 12 fix my issue?
Could u give me the link for it?

Upvote 0
Same situation on my fiancé g900f.
Bootloop out of nowhere, and set warranty bit kernel. It boots to "galaxy s5 powered by android" one second then reboot.
Could you tell me what you see in download mode? Custom binary and system? This happened one month after the lollipop wifi ota. Never touched anything on that phone. Every odin flash is a pass! But Bootloop remain with boc7 lollipop and kitkat

Reactions: Clonier
Upvote 0
Same situation on my fiancé g900f.
Bootloop out of nowhere, and set warranty bit kernel. It boots to "galaxy s5 powered by android" one second then reboot.
Could you tell me what you see in download mode? Custom binary and system? This happened one month after the lollipop wifi ota. Never touched anything on that phone. Every odin flash is a pass! But Bootloop remain with boc7 lollipop and kitkat

What I see in Download Mode:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-G900F
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
REACTIVATION LOCK(KK): OFF
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0*1 (4)
QUALCOM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A1, P1
SECURE DOWNLOAD : ENABLE
UDC START

Downloading...
Do not turn off target !!

(Thanks)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones