• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S5 Prime

Or the Galaxy F?
Samsung Galaxy F Pre-production Model Leaked in Screenshots

If it is the Galaxy F.....I will definitely buy it....think of all the jokes....
9944_zps29836d0b.gif
liottalaughxi9tz9_zps74bdae03.gif

Upvote 0
Because they don't call it S5 prime or F? It doesn't matter to me how it's called as long as the spec sheet is what we expected for S5 prime (QHD, S805, 3Gb RAM). I don't think they will release another phone with same spec, different name after this.
So far 'F' is supposed to be using metal not plastic (there have been many leaks about that premium version)
so yeah its just not specs, also prime will have exynos soc option instead of just s805 in lte-a

Upvote 0
So far 'F' is supposed to be using metal not plastic (there have been many leaks about that premium version)
so yeah its just not specs, also prime will have exynos soc option instead of just s805 in lte-a

Well, all this metal case thing is from media rumors and never confirmed by Samsung. It could very well be just polycarbonate with brushed metal looking surface like G3. I personally don't care for metal phone and prefer plastic case.

And who said Prime will only have Exynos? Samsung has been releasing both SoC versions in their S series last couple of years. LTE radio versions for north American market has always been with snapdragon. Not that I don't like Exynos, but it just has been that way.

Upvote 0
Well, all this metal case thing is from media rumors and never confirmed by Samsung. It could very well be just polycarbonate with brushed metal looking surface like G3. I personally don't care for metal phone and prefer plastic case.

And who said Prime will only have Exynos? Samsung has been releasing both SoC versions in their S series last couple of years. LTE radio versions for north American market has always been with snapdragon. Not that I don't like Exynos, but it just has been that way.
I didn't say 'only exynos' but a exynos variant will be available.

Upvote 0
That doesn't appear to be an official Samsung site so I would take it with a grain of salt. Time will tell so we will see. Until then I may go back to using a S4 just not impressed with the S5

They are not official site for samsung but have good track record for predicting next big things from them.

Maybe they were wrong in that article and Galaxy F is real though US availability is still unknown.

Samsung Galaxy F (not the S5 LTE-A) makes another appearance online, but where’s it headed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones