• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

galaxy s5 unfortunately s health has stopped

joeydood

Lurker
Apr 13, 2014
i figured out how to break the os on the galaxy s5.
i have a samsung ticket number now haha.

problem:
samsung crap ware is installed on the phone.

scenario:
curious about the heartbeat thingy, i opened s health.
shealth wanted to update so i said ok but it wants me to create a samsung account. no thank you.
every 30 minutes or so, a service, samsung apps, opens shealth and tries to complete the update.
like the good software developer that i am, i went to the shealth app and turned off automatic updates, turned off notifications, turned off push notifications.
again, samsung apps tries to update shealth.
ok now it's me vs the phone...
in app manager, disable samsung apps, delete all the cache and data.

somehow i got the os stuck in a loop with the following os message showing up PERSISTENTLY:

"unfortunately s health has stopped working"

click ok and it comes right back up.
on top of everything on your phone (z order is topmost, 0).
it would take less than a second to pop up again.

so i called tmobile, they said call samsung, samsung gives me a case number and a number to call google play store to report the bug.

i resolved this by turning on the samsung apps service.

why can you not turn off healthservice?

Early Adopters will often find bugs, it would great if every manufacturer could deliver devices with zero bugs on day one but it just doesn't work like that most of the time.

Are you still getting this error after a restart? have you received any firmware updates since you received the phone? have you tried a factory reset?

Have you tried registering and logging in with a Samsung account? it's a one time thing, allot of users will already have an account, Samsung make allot of electronic devices, televisions, bluray players, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones