• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S6 Brick

kleanuria

Lurker
Sep 25, 2016
[FIXED] I tried to put a different ROM on my S6 and after I set it to install from TWRP, it just gives me the Samsung logo. Doesn't go any further then that. I cannot turn the device off. I can restart it and I can go into download mode. ( Can't get into TWRP ). I tried installing stock firmware and putting it on with Odin but it just says FAIL, and that's about it.

It's G920F, and the ROM I was trying to install is called VNROM.

Last edited:
Here's what Odin says:
57ae5c925c9e40a6a667d96b93be3937.png

This is what comes up on my phone if I try to use Odin to put the stock firmware back on: SW REV. CHECK FAIL. DEVICE: 4, BINARY: 1

Just a disclaimer. I know more about computers then I do about phones so I might of done something wrong, but I did follow the tutorials step by step.

Upvote 0
So I did it now with 6.0.1 and it says "An error has occurred while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software". But when I tried that it doesn't recognize my phone. What I can do is use the recovery code to reset it ( I don't know if it would work ), but the battery is in-built on that phone so that would mean that I would have to get it open. I do not have the tools to do that + if I did have them I wouldn't wanna risk opening it up because I could **** it up even more whilst doing that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones