• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy s6 Feeling Sick

W

Widget07

Hello,

I've been a long time android user and recently upgraded my s4 to an s6. Never had any issues with my old phone, however, after briefly using the s6 I'm getting headaches, nausea and dizziness.

I recall reading an article that the new ios operating system was giving people similar symptoms. Has anyone experienced this with the s6? I've tried lowering the brightness and still haven't had much success.

Any advice/tips would be much appreciated as I really enjoy the phone.

Cheers,

Buyer's remorse? I don't know.... but if you're getting any serious problems like dizziness, nausea etc. it may not be the phone doing it. Seek medical attention might be best bet.

I don't think there's any major difference that would cause anything like that between an S4 and S6, it doesn't have any flashing strobe lights, etc.

IANAD

Last edited:
Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Hello,

I've been a long time android user and recently upgraded my s4 to an s6. Never had any issues with my old phone, however, after briefly using the s6 I'm getting headaches, nausea and dizziness.

I recall reading an article that the new ios operating system was giving people similar symptoms. Has anyone experienced this with the s6? I've tried lowering the brightness and still haven't had much success.

Any advice/tips would be much appreciated as I really enjoy the phone.

Cheers,
Did you find a resolution to this issue? I just switched from my G4 to a G6 yesterday and am having the same problem. The same thing happened with iOS, for which Apple later added a feature to 'reduce' the motion (when launching programs). I have read some talk about the parallax of the background but I sense that there is just a little bit too much motion when applications are opened from the icons. I will probably return the phone if I can't find the solution, which is too bad because i love the Galaxy line.

Upvote 0
EarlyMon said:
[quote uid=693753 name="funkylogik" post=7021369]So it was the new lollipop animations causing it?
As it's a new screen, and new TouchWiz as well, you've got three variables to choose from.

Clearly, it's Lollipop's fault.[/quote]
Testing forum fiends.
Of course it's lollipop. Damn you progressive Android :D
Lollipop doesn't make me feel sick until I have to go on Facebook lol

Sent from my A0001 using Forum Fiend 2 v1.3.8.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones