Support Galaxy sending blank SMS on startup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by apolloFER, Feb 18, 2010.

1. apolloFER

apolloFER Well-Known Member

This behaviour started some 2-3 weeks ago. I tried to analize what have I installed and only thing that looked like doing this was Wavesecure so I unistalled it (I had it blocked via autostarts anyway). But it didn't stop.
    I'm actually not sure if it really sends any SMS. When I power on the phone and enter the PIN it shows me a "bubble" popup saying "Sending". None of my contacts reported receiving any SMS. I even tried to block "Messaging" from running at startup. Now it stoped but as soon as I start Handcent it shows the "Sedning" again. I tried to find any drafts that I may have left behind but I couldn't find any. Is there any solution to this? Handcent isn't the problem since I had it for almost 2 months without any issues.
    I'm running II5, rooted.

Advertisement

2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    have you tried removing handsent to see if it makes any difference
    just because youve had no problems with handsent doesnt mean a problem cannot occur with it. this could be the 1st problem

3. apolloFER

apolloFER Well-Known Member

Didn't want to uninstall it because of all the settings and stuff. But I did it now and it still does the same. I think I'm going to try Logcat.

EDIT1: here's what the Logcat has regarding SMS/MMS after boot:

Line 982: I/ActivityManager( 1062): Start proc com.android.mms for broadcast com.android.mms/.transaction.PrivilegedSmsReceiver: pid=1406 uid=10027 gids={3003}
    Line 999: I/ActivityManager( 1062): Stopping service: com.android.mms/.transaction.SmsReceiverService
    Line 1004: I/ActivityManager( 1062): Process com.android.mms (pid 1406) has died.

EDIT2: Yup, I just watched the logcat live. And when this "Sending" appears these lines appear in logcat.