• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy SII (I777) Battery problems

alexsu25

Lurker
Feb 12, 2012
having some pretty short lived battery life. i want to try and downgrade to official firmware2.3.4 n see if that helps, i am new to android and have no idea how to do this. also i don't want to root(at least not for a little while). can someone help me with this?

version:2.3.6
baseband:I777UCKK6
Kernel:2.6.35.7
model:SAMSUNG-SGH-I777
buildnumber:GINGERBREAD.UCKK6

samsung galaxy s 2 I777, the US att version

I have the same problem with SGH-i777 ATT ICS update. The Samsung tech support told me it was not possible to revert back. I have just discovered that if you run in safe mode the battery life goes back to normal, only dissadvantage is that your apps are not loaded. In safe mode, apps that are on your home screen still seem to work. There is obviously a problem with how ICS loads apps in background? Anyway at least you can have the use of your phone back until they sort it out. To activate safe mode, turn phone off, turn on and hold down the menu button, bottom left.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones