Galaxy SII Video playback issues>>>Support

1. abhipan03

abhipan03 Member

i have galaxy S2 which i bought yesterday. today when i was trying to play a video it crashed. The fone just freezes and i have to restart the fone to get it to work again. i cant play any sort of videos as in videos which are stored in phone nor streamed ones!!!! anyone facing such problem???? any fixes....
    also fone heats quiet alot when i am charging it..

Also to add the Youtube App which came with fone also freezes the fone.

android version- 2.3.3
    baseband verion-i9100ddke2
    kernel version- 2.6.35.7-I9100xwke8-cl214845

when i tried to update the firmware it said connecting to server and then connection failed inspite my wifi and data connection being on.

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums! I'm moving this to the Galaxy S2 sub-forum where other owners can help.
    abhipan03 likes this.
  3. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Sounds like a fault to me, I would try a factory reset, and if that doesn't work flash a fresh ROM on there. If neither of those fix your problems take it back to the seller pronto.
    abhipan03 likes this.
  4. abhipan03

abhipan03 Member

i did a bit of research on this and found this is a common problems with few of S2s so diidnt take chance and sent it back to vendor he promised a new one in 3days from samsung.
  5. prateekmohan1

prateekmohan1 New Member

Hi Abhipan,

I am also facing the same issue. Were Samsung Support quick enough in accepting the fault or did it take some crazy convincing?
    Basically, did it seem that it is a Known Fault for them?

I bought it on 9th July from India, and now I am in Abu Dhabi.
    The phone apps have been crashing and it keeps restarting from Day1.
    Planning to send it back to India asap for a replacement!
    Was however harrassed by Samsung Support! :(

Regards,
    Prateek