• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy SIIX SGH-T989D crashing issues

jasonale

Lurker
Nov 16, 2014
Hi,
I'm looking for some general advice and troubleshooting for my phone's issues. My phone started crashing very often, sometimes at complete random, as well as when I was using it fairly heavily (any app that froze my phone for a second before loading before the crashing would now crash my phone). Sometimes it would reboot fine, other times it would bootloop once or twice before reloading fine. I previously tried doing a factory reset, removing my external microSD card, and updating everything via Kies and nothing worked.

I got bored and rooted my phone, did a full wipe, and flashed the latest Infamous update. The problem was still there but it wouldn't crash as often while using it because my phone could handle higher app activity but it's still there. Oddly enough, after flashing Infamous, it often fails to reboot and so I have to do a battery pull before turning it back on, otherwise it won't even vibrate after holding the power button.

I'm just wondering if you guys have any idea what the issue could be. Is it likely still something I can fix? Is this potentially a battery issue or is it a hardware issue?

Thanks so much!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones