galaxy so slow compared to desire?Support

Last Updated:

1. Larry1000

Larry1000 New Member This Topic's Starter

So

Advertisement
  2. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Install Launcher Pro to get rid of touchwiz.

3. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

2.2 does make a huge difference, for what it's worth. Once the Galaxy S gets updated to that, it should letdown better than the Desire unless Samsung decides to treat you to flaky firmware.

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

mtomar likes this.
  5. AGP

AGP Member

Thanks for the info lekky.

I recently lost my HTC HD2 and have been trying to decide between the desire and Galaxy S.

I like the screen on the Galaxy but the slow software was a turnoff.

6. Mark_H

Mark_H Well-Known Member

Install the 1 click lag fix it transforms the phone - I was starting to get a bit pissed off with the phone due to the lag. I updated the firmware to JM1 and installed the lag fix - i am really loving the phone !!

7. jaihind

jaihind Member

8. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

9. Cyb3r5c4r

Cyb3r5c4r Well-Known Member

i have my galaxy s running 2.2 an it scores 950 on quadrant bemchmark test (from android market) and thats with no rooting, roms or lagfixes.

which is almost twice what the htc desire scores:500

i had it rooted an lag fix installed but that made it unbelieveably slow maybe i need a different lag fix for froyo, but it dosent lag unless i run several things at once and even at that its only a half second of lag everything else works so well i can live with a lil delay

10. seepage

seepage Well-Known Member

a lag fixed Galaxy S still on 2.1 will get a quadrant score of over 2000

11. Cyb3r5c4r

thats because the lagfix messes up quadrants results

i had a 2755 score with lagfix the phone was so slow and unresponsive

jus benched 979 now forgot to close runing apps last time

12. seepage

seepage Well-Known Member

That may be the case with 2.2 or maybe just your phone, but since applying the lag fix my phone is much more responsive and feels easily as fast as anything I have ever tried, including a desire or an iphone. As for mucking up the results of quadrant, it still has to run the software to get a time score.

13. Cyb3r5c4r

The lag fix gives off the wall I/O scores because quadrant tests arent made for this kind of a buffer system

14. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

Nothing to do with touchwiz, I'm getting really annoyed at ignorant people continuing to blame the interface for lag.

It's lag caused by Samsungs crappy file system, NOT touchwiz.

As somebody else suggested, apply lagfix and watch it fly.

15. oatikodi

oatikodi Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Just came across this forum. I had an HTC Desire which has gone back for repair after 4 months. Meanwhile, I've got hold of a Samsung Galaxy S. I stuck my comments about the differences in http://androidforums.com/desire-support-troubleshooting/162887-home-key-problems-htc-desire.html#post1560243

Overall, the Samsung has the Desire beat in terms of anything needing a large screen (eg video, ebook...). However, I prefer the Desire and can't wait to get it back (despite the areas where the Samsung is better).

16. Donnelly

Donnelly Member

I've got a quick question about the rooting/lagfix issue - as I'm using a Mac now and not a pc - if I root it will I still be able to do Over Air Updates from Vodafone/Samsung to 2.2 etc when they come out?

I'm really keen to get rid of the slowness but not at the cost of being 'stuck' on 2.1 (granted - 2.1 is not the WORST place to be stuck mind =D )

Thanks everyone =)

17. bacchusmarsh

bacchusmarsh New Member

I could not work out how to root and lag fix after froyo upgrade. Also I found this helped...
    I concure, back up your apps and data if you want and do a factory reset from the settings. I used mMy Backup for data and App List Backup for apps, as my backup will backup apps but apparently they cannot then be upgraded.
    I upgraded to froyo a while ago and the lag got worse and worse, with swype not working properly, plus I noticed the battery life was instantly worse. Eventually I had many force closes a day.

I did a factory reset and now I see how froyo is faster! And the battery lasts twice as long!