Galaxy Spica stuck in the middle of an updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. cochran

cochran New Member This Topic's Starter

Downloaded and installed new pc studio 1.5 today, as the original one wouldn't connect with my Galaxy Spica. Once I started the software, I backed up my contacts list, as I was planning to get Android 2.2 installed later today. But then the PC Studio said my firmware needed to be upgraded. I followed the instructions, the program started, but then said upgrade not successful and recovery is required. I clicked to begin the recovery.
    Two hours later, it is still at 0%, and my phone shows the Samsung logo. Nothing is happening.
    What to do?

Advertisement
  2. SuperFred

SuperFred Active Member

After 2 hours, it's safe to say that it won't make any difference if you just unplug your phone. If I were in your shoes, I'll just unplug it, try to turn it off (remove the battery if necessary) and try to start it again... and hope it boots normally!
    If it doesn't boot normally (or even if it does!) then try Beerkan's rooting guide (http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-spica/124299-root-me-baby-one-more-time.html).... You can use the guide to upgrade to 2.1 (2.2 is still experimental I hear on Spica).

3. shevchi

shevchi Member

As long as it is 0% it's safe to unplug the phone, remove the battery and start the phone. Meanwhile restart your computer and try again. If the same thing happens (the phone is at 0% and nothing happens), repeat the procedure - battery removal and restart of the computer. I believe during the upgrade process some drivers are installed that require restarting of Windows but the stupid samsung software wouldn't tell you. In my case I think I restarted Windows three times before the upgrade process moved from 0%.