Galaxy Tab 10.1: 16gb or 32gb?General

Last Updated: 2012-03-25 16:11:20
  1. ssproles

ssproles New Member

Getting ready to pre-order the new Tab. With the usb option, I'm wondering if I really need the 32gb. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Jon Niola

Jon Niola Well-Known Member

If you have the financial means I'd say just go for the 32GB.
  3. cryingfreeman

cryingfreeman Well-Known Member

no micro sd slot?
  4. indianajonze

indianajonze Well-Known Member

not built in, but there is an sd card adapter accessory available
  5. cdf3

cdf3 Well-Known Member

I'm debating if I will need 32 GB as well since most of my files are in the cloud.
    I will also be getting the USB adapter. That way I can access my portable hard drive if needed. I'm hoping this feature is supported. If not I may grab a 16 or 32 GB thumb drive to go along with the adapter.
    $100 doesn't sound like much, but that could actually be a new printer for my laptop.
  6. rmmorse81

rmmorse81 Well-Known Member

I preordered the 16 gb. With google music and the cloud I'd rather save the hundred plus bucks after taxes. I had the xoom and never came close to 16 gb on that
  7. cdf3

cdf3 Well-Known Member

Thanks for informing us about google music. Just sent my invite request for a google music account.
  8. Bogie

Bogie Well-Known Member

I've been using it with Google Music and the only problem I have is that sometimes the music volume seems to get stuck at a certain level even though the tablet indicates that it is changing the volume.

Just updated to 3.1 so will see if that makes a difference.
  9. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

I pre-ordered the 16GB today. Okay, technically my wife pre-ordered my Father's day present today, but she "consulted" me for my preference.

I went smaller, not realizing it doesn't have Micro SD port. But I have yet to fill up my 8GB SD on my Mesmerize, so I am not too worried at this point.
  10. viperman2008

viperman2008 Well-Known Member

I'm testing out a galaxy tab 10.1 with 16 gb and it seems sufficient for now. Like people said, with cloud music now, I just keep my essential music on device for when I have no service and then rest in Google music or I use amazon mp3 as well.
  11. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member

I have about 1GB free on my 32GB card for my phone, so Im just goin with the 32gb model since I dont want to be wishing for more space after I get it.
  12. Longanoid

Longanoid New Member

I'm reminded of a conversation I had with a female engineer a number of years ago. About whether to buy a 250mb hard drive or a 500. She decided on a 250 - against my recommendations. Requirements go up exponentially!
  13. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

Sadly, I can remember when a computer with 64k of ram was a speed demon.
  14. ssproles

ssproles New Member

Thanks for all the feedback! I bought the 32gb and am quite happy...so far. :)
  15. JMikeF

JMikeF Member

Yes, I did, too. ;)
    I'm thinking of the memory I'll need to watch a two hour movie when flying from coast to coast.
  16. HawaiianLaker

HawaiianLaker Well-Known Member

with music taking up pretty much all the space, google saves the day again with music beta. 16gb was the way to go for me. loving it.
  17. techrider62

techrider62 Well-Known Member

Google music is fine if you have a internet connection.
  18. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

picked up the 16gb today, just couldn't justify $100 for another 16gb.
  19. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

For my use, 16gb is plenty for me. I don't store anything on my tablet really other than apps and whatever is associated with them.
  20. cds0699

cds0699 Well-Known Member

I only got the 16GB version as well, i have my computer and phone to store stuff along with it... Plus im getting the sd card adapter, so i think i will be fine.
  21. cdf3

cdf3 Well-Known Member

With cloud storage, 16 GB was enough for me.
  22. scottie24

scottie24 Active Member

16gb works very well for me. I have around 20 apps, 100 pics and usually store 3-4 movies and books for commuting and still have 8 gigs free. The movies (avi) obviously take the most space but i delete them with a file manager once i watch them.
  23. Jore

Jore Well-Known Member

I have the first generation tab with 16gb, have about 50 apps, 6gb of music, and movies but I constantly change those out and I still have 1-2gb always free. I decided to stick with the 16gb tab 10.1 as well. I plan on using the cloud for my music this time around so I should have more space available.
  24. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

Since there is no SD card slot, I'd recommend the 32GB, just so You won't be wishing you'd spent the extra $100 later and got the bigger GB's.
  25. Jore

Jore Well-Known Member

Or you can get teh USB adapter and a 32gb USB.....if the need arises.
    JPG619 likes this.