Galaxy Tab 10.1 TV-Out Video Cable Doesn't Work?Tips

Last Updated:

1. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

I bought this from Verizon and tried it today. It didn't work! No video or audio. I confirmed input and reconnected the cable more than once. I tried to look through the menus to make sure it didn't need to be directed to output over the cable...nothing there either.

The box says it is for the Galaxy Tab (not 10.1) but VZW's website listed it as for the 10.1.

Anyone know what the deal is? Is it a bad cable or does it just not work with the 10.1?

Advertisement
  2. Angelsfan

Angelsfan Well-Known Member

If it doesn't say 10.1 on it, it may be for the original tab.
  3. bigr97

bigr97 Active Member

Some of the video cables need to be powered. That is what I heard.
  4. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

VZW's website no longer lists it as an accessory for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (or the original Tab for that matter). I'm guessing Angelsfan is right and it was erroneously listed.

In the same order I bought the HDMI cable.....but there's no mini-HDMI port on the 10.1 so that didn't work either. I had assumed it would be a 30-pin (or however many pin) to HDMI.

Strike one and two on video out cables...
  5. madrugando

madrugando New Member

Indeed Samsung needs to pay some attention on what they advertise. I bought the HDMI Cable, the RCA Video Out Cable and the (incredibly named so) Multimedia Dock. Well, the Tab had no place where to plug the HDMI Cable (I guessed I would solve this when the Multimedia Dock arrived), the RCA Video Out did not provide any sound or video to my TV and when the "Multimedia Dock" arrived it was nothing but a little thing to which you could connect a set of 3.5mm speakers. Multimedia... hahahaha. A ripoff. So I lost some hundred dollars on this.
  6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with Samsung really. You just did not read what you were buying and bought products not related to what ytou were trying to achieve.
  7. miketyrell

miketyrell New Member

I think this tv out cable is only for the galaxy S series the ( Galaxy NOTE ) and tab and galaxy S 3 has a converter from its doc connector to HDMI output im guessing since I have an S3 and a tab 7 plus and have no tv out option from the settings. Also check the setting > display or audio and display > tv-out is checked if your device has that option