• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 shutdown glitch fix out now

BKline2003

Sep 18, 2011
Indiana
Not sure if anyone has posted about this yet but, yesterday I just happened to check for an update and there was a update. I downloaded it and I went to shutdown my Tab 2 10.1(wi-fi only version) and it shutdown right and never did its restart thing that it has been doing since the Jellybean 4.2.2 update. I don't know if everyone has the update right now or if they are rolling it out slowly. I would just check your Tab 2 to see if you have it yet. I did not do this over Kies it was OTA(Over the Air).

Reactions: horselovinggal
I also received a Samsung update notice last evening for my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, which I okayed and loaded over the air. Went very smoothly, the tablet rebooted itself, and I was back in business. First off, I noticed faster response (at least seemed to me) but more noticeable was the first time shutdown without having to shutdown twice. Once was it! Anxious to see if there any other changes while using it throughout the day today.

Upvote 0
Not sure if anyone has posted about this yet but, yesterday I just happened to check for an update and there was a update. I downloaded it and I went to shutdown my Tab 2 10.1(wi-fi only version) and it shutdown right and never did its restart thing that it has been doing since the Jellybean 4.2.2 update. I don't know if everyone has the update right now or if they are rolling it out slowly. I would just check your Tab 2 to see if you have it yet. I did not do this over Kies it was OTA(Over the Air).
I'm having the shutdown issue. Now my problem is that I cannot download the update. I have tried both wirelessly and Kies and I am so fed up. All of this time, I have not been able to shut down my tablet and I have been patiently waiting for an update. I asked the service representative it it was a known issue that the tablets are having issues with updating firmware and he said yes it was. I am so frustrated at this point. He suggested I use Kies on a PC rather than my Mac... that maybe the update will be successful then.

Upvote 0
I'm having the shutdown issue. Now my problem is that I cannot download the update. I have tried both wirelessly and Kies and I am so fed up. All of this time, I have not been able to shut down my tablet and I have been patiently waiting for an update. I asked the service representative it it was a known issue that the tablets are having issues with updating firmware and he said yes it was. I am so frustrated at this point. He suggested I use Kies on a PC rather than my Mac... that maybe the update will be successful then.

Just keep trying to download the update OTA(over the air), I had to download it a few times because it would download then wouldn't install. Be patient with it I know how it feels I was starting to get upset trying to download it when it was released. Try having a fully charged battery some people have said they were having problems getting it when their battery was 50% or less.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones