Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 actual internal storage capacity?Support

1. jwight

jwight New Member

For any other Tab 2 7.0 owners, what are you seeing as the actual internal storage capacity (before adding any apps of your own?)

Just got one of these supposedly 8GB tablets (yes, I know the OS takes some space) and it shows 4.59GB total space with 4.25GB available space. Apps are 176MB, Audio 20KB, Misc files are 69.4KB. Just wondering....:confused:

Advertisement
  2. txrose72

txrose72 Well-Known Member

I have a 2 7.0 3113 tab which has the same total internal memory space. My App total is 1.60 GB with an available space of 2.71 GB. Your numbers are normal.

ICS does not allow apps to be partially stored in the external SD card like the 2.x OS did. It does allow the total memory to be as large as internal storage will allow. total memory in the 2.x devices I own are limited to about 1.9 GB even if the internal memory is 16 GB.

The only app which will allow app storage in the ext SD card requires the tablet to be rooted to use it. As long as you store media files like pictures, songs and videos on the SD card you should not have any total storage limitations.

Those who use very large apps or apps which store large amounts of data in the tablet's total memory have reported limitations. I have had no problems with over 2.5 GB still available.
    jwight likes this.