Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, or 10.1General

Last Updated:

1. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

Hi everyone! So comparing Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and 10.1, which one do you guys think it is worth it and the best choice for me?

Advertisement
  2. Waldys

Waldys Well-Known Member

It really depends on you and your usage.

A student will probably prefer the Tab 2, since it's a little smaller and will fit in a bag easier.
    10.1's bigger screen is better for watching movies and videos, and fot editing pictures with the photo editor.

The difference between the 2 screens is OBVIOUSLY the screen size, but more importantly, resolution. 10.1 has a higher resolution.

Not only that, but the 10.1 also has more internal memory. 16G vs. only 8G on the 7.0
  3. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

What I want to do with the Tab 2 is to watch videos on Youtube. I currently have a Note which drains its battery fast so I seldom use it for YouTube. My iTouch is good for YouTube but the screen is too small for me :confused:

So, in the long run, which is more better for me? I may also be downloading games and music for myself.
  4. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

Lol btw how did you know I am a student? :D
  5. DC1022

DC1022 Well-Known Member

Honestly I wouldn't get either. I'd wait a few months and get the nexus 10 that is coming out.
  6. Coach70

Coach70 Well-Known Member

I have a SGT 10.1, and I bought and set up a SGT 2 7.0 for my mother; I am quite familiar with both devices. Both are great tablets, but if I was limited to a choice between the two I would go the SGT 2 7.0. Memory isn't such a big deal since you can stick a 32 GB card in the SGT 2 7.0. You can't do this on the SGT 10.1, but it has options for more built in memory.

The 7.0 is smaller, more portable and Samsung will support it longer. I was very impressed with the device and it's just easier to carry around than the big 10.1.

However if other tablets were an option I would for sure go for a Nexus. Samsung's lack of support for newer OS's is just pitiful. They just don't feel like the latest and greatest devices like the Nexus devices do. Thus the Nexus 7 would be my choice.
  7. Arms_Reach

Arms_Reach Well-Known Member

I really like the size of the 10.1. Personally, I wouldn't want to go smaller.
  8. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Well-Known Member

Same here.
    Portability isn't an issue for me as I only use it at home.
  9. Coach70

Coach70 Well-Known Member

I should have mentioned the couple hundred bucks I would save with the 7.0. I suppose the prices being equal I would also go the 10.1.

At home most of the time my Tablet is sitting in the Multimedia Dock connected to my flatscreen TV, so the size of the screen is irrelevant. When I take it with me it feels big and heavy compared to the rather compact 7.0